Signings or Re-Signings

soflbillsfan

5 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I am not a fan of the McGovern signing. Over paid for a borderline starter/backup.

A guy who has the ability to play all IOL spots for 7 mil who is an above average guard graded out at #13, out of 64 guards thats starter material to me. Positive great at pass protection, con run blocking is an issue. Upgrade to saffold and bates

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

A guy who has the ability to play all IOL spots for 7 mil who is an above average guard graded out at #13, out of 64 guards thats starter material to me. Positive great at pass protection, con run blocking is an issue. Upgrade to saffold and bates

Graded 13 for pass blocking, but was one of the worst run blockers in the league. For 7 plus per year we shouldn’t have gotten a guy is a liability at run blocking. And I love when people will use the versatility argument. So he CAN play 3 positions, but that doesn’t mean he’s very good still when he is asked to shuffle  positions.

Edited by Billsfaninptown

1 hour ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I am not a fan of the McGovern signing. Over paid for a borderline starter/backup.

Gotta wait until the actual details of the deal come out before saying its an overpay.

I have no issue with grabbing a 25 year old coming off 15 starts an no penalties with just 2 sacks allowed.

25 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Gotta wait until the actual details of the deal come out before saying its an overpay.

I have no issue with grabbing a 25 year old coming off 15 starts an no penalties with just 2 sacks allowed.

I guess it depends on the cap hits, but if he is sniffing 7 million I think it's an overpay for a guy who is a liability in run blocking. If Kromer thinks he can coach this guy up I guess I can come around, but Kromer didn't develop any of our young offensive linemen last year.

8 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Edmunds got paid. Happy for him. I think he is criminally underrated by most Bills fans. I bet Milano takes a decent size step back this year without Edmunds lined up next to him. Bears could be really good in the next year or two.

I think he's good and had games where he was really good. But I don't think he was ever great here. Milano was always the better LB. I really don't think a lot of what Edmunds did can't be replaced. The way he affected the passing game is the biggest thing that will be missed IMO

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think he's good and had games where he was really good. But I don't think he was ever great here. Milano was always the better LB. I really don't think a lot of what Edmunds did can't be replaced. The way he affected the passing game is the biggest thing that will be missed IMO

I think you’re minimizing his impact in coverage. One of the best coverage linebackers in the league, but a lot of Bills fans like to skip over that fact.

3 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I think you’re minimizing his impact in coverage. One of the best coverage linebackers in the league, but a lot of Bills fans like to skip over that fact.

I literally just said this lol

The way he affected the passing game is the biggest thing that will be missed IMO

5 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I literally just said this lol

You also you don’t think a lot of what Edmunds did can’t be replaced. Being elite at coverage like Edmunds will be difficult to replace. His impact in coverage over the middle will be sorely missed imo.

Edited by Billsfaninptown

4 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

You also you don’t think a lot of what Edmunds did can’t be replaced. Being elite at coverage like Edmunds will be difficult to replace. His impact in coverage over the middle will be sorely missed imo.

We agree on that. I don't think a lot of what he did can't be replaced such as his run defense, his tackling, his leadership and his instincts/recognition. 

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

We agree on that. I don't think a lot of what he did can't be replaced such as his run defense, his tackling, his leadership and his instincts/recognition. 

His tackling was very good this year. I don’t hear people bashing Milano for being a really bad tackler. Also what linebackers consistently shed blocks and are great run defenders that also have sideline to sideline range and can cover? That sounds like a perfect LB to me which doesn’t exist. Edmunds doesn’t make the big splash plays and his impact is harder to quantify so I get why people think he won’t be difficult to replace as a whole.