Free Agency Frenzy

gopherwrestler

1 minute ago, gopherwrestler said:

we can do this right? Right?

One of the best man to man CB’s in the NFL, if not the best. 

I doubt there is any chance but our defense sure looks a lot better with Murphy, Smith, and Slay in the back and having Smith, Davenport, and Hunter rushing the passer.

I would cut Z to make room for Slay. That's a good DB room with veteran leadership and youth with potential.

2 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I would cut Z to make room for Slay. That's a good DB room with veteran leadership and youth with potential.

I mean we have seen already we have plenty of room to adjust contracts without having to even worry about room. Just the addition of Slay and Murphy makes this defense better than last year even after losing Kendricks and DT. Smith would probably even gain a few coverage sacks.

but if it came down to it, I’d also be willing to move on from Smith if it meant getting Slay.

7 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Devil's advocate, he's 32 same age as PP7. When does he hit the "wall"?

He’s the same age, but can still play man a lot better. 

PP’s wall honestly hit faster once he lost his speed, he had all the smarts, but his body couldn’t do the things he once could any more. Main reason that Zone system worked.

Slay has never really relied on his speed.