The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

22 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't know much about him. More of a LOOGY type? He looks like he walks nobody, I like that. He also could bring some old man Choate power to the Pen. I also can't imagine it'll take a lot to get him.

Probably wouldn’t take a lot to get him that’s why I suggested It. Haven’t really looked to in depth at the Lefty Relievers on the market, I know The Giants have 2 good ones in Tony Watson and Will Smith 

8 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Probably wouldn’t take a lot to get him that’s why I suggested It. Haven’t really looked to in depth at the Lefty Relievers on the market, I know The Giants have 2 good ones in Tony Watson and Will Smith 

Jake Diekman, Roenis Elias, Paul Fry, Jarlin Garcia and Tim Mayza are the names MLB Trade Rumors suggested...

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

This team definitely needs a starter. Guys like Hudson and Waino don’t belong in the rotation.

I dont Really have an issue with these guys in the rotation. Hudson has probably been our most consistent starter. If we were to trade for a Starter, he’d definitely be taking Ponce’s spot. 

17 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

This team definitely needs a starter. Guys like Hudson and Waino don’t belong in the rotation.

I agree about Hudson long term, but right now he’s been one of our better starters. I wouldn’t want him starting a playoff game but with our current rotation he would. I think this is about as good as Hudson will ever be too. He seems like a future average #3 or 4. 

I want to trade for Thor. What would a package for him even look like? 

Mets receive: Nolan Gorman, Genesis Cabrera, Zack Thompson (PTBNL in trade), Lane Thomas 

Cardinals receive: Noah Syndergaard, Seth Lugo 

is that to much? To little? I know I’d do it so that’s a good indication that we need to give more. But man could you imagine that rotation for the next 2 years! 

2020-2021 rotation: 

Thor - Carlos - Mikolas - Flaherty - Hudson 

And I’d move Gallegos to Closer for the 2020 season. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Mets receive: Nolan Gorman, Genesis Cabrera, Zack Thompson (PTBNL in trade), Lane Thomas 

is that to much? To little? I know I’d do it so that’s a good indication that we need to give more. But man could you imagine that rotation for the next 2 years! 

2020-2021 rotation: 

Gorman as centerpiece probably keeps the lines open, but it'll take more on secondary pieces to sway them...

They'll have no shortage of suitors to choose from if they truly put him on the market...

Heard a radio guy here locally mention Wade Davis as a BP target:

-Rocks have fallen out of contention. Might be looking to shed salary and retool roster.

-He wouldn't cost a ton from prospect level to obtain, especially if we eat good portion of his contract.

-He could be closer this year and insurance for 2020 until Hicks back, then slide into set-up role. He's done both roles in past.

-He's had horrible numbers at Coors, but has ERA under 1.00 in away games. 

15 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Heard a radio guy here locally mention Wade Davis as a BP target:

-Rocks have fallen out of contention. Might be looking to shed salary and retool roster.

-He wouldn't cost a ton from prospect level to obtain, especially if we eat good portion of his contract.

-He could be closer this year and insurance for 2020 until Hicks back, then slide into set-up role. He's done both roles in past.

-He's had horrible numbers at Coors, but has ERA under 1.00 in away games. 

I wouldn't hate Wade Davis if it meant getting Carlos back in the rotation. I still think we should go after a LHP even if we pick up Davis off the scrap heap.

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I wouldn't hate Wade Davis if it meant getting Carlos back in the rotation. I still think we should go after a LHP even if we pick up Davis off the scrap heap.

Carlos isn't going back to the rotation in 2019...

I think plan is for him to retrain as SP in offseason and then insert him into rotation....

13 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

2020-2021 rotation: 

It's going to take Nolan Gorman and Dylan Carlson minimum.  And I think the Mets would more pitching back.

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?