The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

13 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I’m intrigued by Greinke but that contract is hideous. Always liked him as a pitcher. Honestly is probably the best SP we could land outside of selling the farm for Thor.

I've heard the Diamondbacks would be willing to buy down some of that contract, but Greinke has a NTC and the Cardinals are reportedly one of the teams on the list.

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I've heard the Diamondbacks would be willing to buy down some of that contract, but Greinke has a NTC and the Cardinals are reportedly one of the teams on the list.

Eh I’d imagine he’d waive that at a chance to play for a potential contender.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

If we’re being honest, this team probably needs two starting pitchers to be a legit threat for a WS. Hudson and Waino don’t belong.

I want Wheeler and Seth Lugo from the Mets. We need to strengthen the rotation to have a chance at the playoffs, I think everyone Would agree with that. 

In the playoffs, Managers manage things differently, we definitely need a strong bullpen and I think a BP of....Gant-Brebbia-Lugo-Hudson-Gallegos-Miller-Martinez.....Is really strong. If their Arms aren’t shredded by the time October gets here. 

But I mean Let’s be honest, if this team makes the playoffs we’d be lucky to get past a team like the Braves and definitely wouldn’t survive the Dodgers. Hoping we get a Starting pitcher in the offseason, there are a few good ones that are going to be hitting Free Agency. 

Edited by holt_bruce81

I was looking at our farm system and it makes me really want to sell at the deadline. I know it’s easier said than done.  I think we have the chance to be really good in 2023 if we sold. I’m still bullish on our depth in the low minors. We’ve got some really good potential hitters. I know they haven’t done well collectively but they’re still really young. I think we’ll have some decent pitching too. Oviedo and Rondon, plus I think Griffin Roberts will be a plus weapon out of the pen. If we could ditch a few of the older dudes, get a couple more good drafts, and our lower minors guys hit, we’ve got a really fun team. Big arms, big power, big athleticism.