The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Havent seen anything yet, but he only threw what, 69 pitches yesterday? Any chance we throw him Game 1 on Thursday? Its one day short of regular rest.

Or do you throw Dakoda/Miles game one and let Flaherty have Game 2 and set up for Game 5 if needed on regular rest

I think you go 

1. D. Hudson
  2. J. Flaherty
  3. M. Mikolas
  4. D. Hudson (short rest, Waino on the ready to take over at home)
  5. J. Flaherty

This is exactly how I would set up the rotation. Flaherty & Hudson have been the 2 best starters in your rotation the entire 2nd half of the season, I want them each getting the ball twice this series. Plus Mikolas is a lot A LOT better at home than on the road, Dakota at least has respectable numbers away from Busch.  

Edited by holt_bruce81
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Mikolas confirmed for game one...

Mark Saxon reporting John Gant  will likely be held off NLDS roster due to his September struggles and workload...

Not really too confident in Mikolas on the road for game one. Would much rather Hudson.

So now that we know it will be Mikolas for G1, this is how I think the series plays out;

1. A Very weird game, that we go back and forth, but Carlos blows in the 9th (because he isnt a real closer) L 4-5
  2. Flaherty dominates in the middle of the afternoon with no one watching, continuing to silently showcase hes an Ace W 2-0
  3. Hudson looks like a stud at home, we have a offensive surge that we arent used to, and take this one easily W 8-3
  4. Mikolas isnt ready to go on short rest, Shildt pulls the plug too late, and even HomeWaino cant save this one L 7-4
  5. Big Moment, prime time as the only Game 5, and Flaherty shows out again. Tossing 8 scoreless and we hang on with a nail biter in the 9th W 3-1

Yep we take it 3-2 in a very stressful series. Unfortunately, I think thats where this Redbird Bus turns back into a pumpkin, especially with the Dodgers getting some extra rest to rest their Rotation. We go down in a Gentleman's Sweep 4-1, with only JF getting a win at home