The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Martinez has no business being a closer but the decision to walk McCann to face their hottest hitter is what cost the Cardinals this game.

Agreed, but he already blew the save before that. I've never understood how he kept the role for so long. 

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Martinez has no business being a closer but the decision to walk McCann to face their hottest hitter is what cost the Cardinals this game.

You could also point back to the inning before where we had runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs and failed to tack on insurance run(s)...

There are several reasons we lost and will blow this series. Carlos is just the most obvious/glaring...

35 minutes ago, Slateman said:

Hey guys, random question about Ozuna: Is his arm cooked? I remember reading at the beginning of the season that his arm strength was down. Has it built back up over the season? 

It's gotten better as season has progressed. He's made a couple nice throws when needed, but he has to airmail it more now...

I think it's more if a range of motion issue than strength. When he needs to chuck it he can. But you can tell he alters the mechanics and it's uncomfortable...

Just now, kgarrett12486 said:

It's gotten better as season has progressed. He's made a couple nice throws when needed, but he has to airmail it more now...

I think it's more if a range of motion issue than strength. When he needs to chuck it he can. But you can tell he alters the mechanics and it's uncomfortable...

Will it improve with another offseason, or is exclusively a LFer right now?

• CWood21 changed the title to The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?