The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

Matt Adams was one of my favorites. I watched him rake in Springfield while I was in college there. I'm happy he's back but I have to agree with everyone else. Why? He's a good bench bat and solid defensively but we already have a bit of a logjam at 1st. Ozuna replacement? lol

I guess the Jose Martinez first base experiment is over. I guess we can finally get some more Matts Matted in. We've been at 0 all year. 

I don’t really have an issue with the Adams trade. We don’t really have many options from the left side of the plate, if he can be a power bat off the bench who wins a game for you down the stretch, I think its Worth it. 

You know his personality and he’s likely gone by seasons end. I dont Really see a downside to the deal...

Makes me wonder really how awful the Matheny/Adams relationship was....

4 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I don’t really have an issue with the Adams trade. We don’t really have many options from the left side of the plate, if he can be a power bat off the bench who wins a game for you down the stretch, I think its Worth it. 

You know his personality and he’s likely gone by seasons end. I dont Really see a downside to the deal...

Makes me wonder really how awful the Matheny/Adams relationship was....

Adams and Wong were my favorite players on the team for years. I wouldn’t mind to try and sign Adams back after the year depending on our other moves. I’d like to see what he can do with a season of our new coaching staff.

I was kind of down on the move a couple hours ago but I kind of like it now. 

Anyone noticed the turnaround in Brett Cecil. He's actually been pretty good in some key spots over last 2-3 weeks.

Apparently Schildt sat down with him and told him to forget the past, he was giving him a clean slate to show what he could do. 

They had Chris Carpenwr get with him too to fix his mound presence (aka attitude). He's looked in control out there recently and his stuff has improved as a result.

2 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Anyone noticed the turnaround in Brett Cecil. He's actually been pretty good in some key spots over last 2-3 weeks.

Apparently Schildt sat down with him and told him to forget the past, he was giving him a clean slate to show what he could do. 

They had Chris Carpenwr get with him too to fix his mound presence (aka attitude). He's looked in control out there recently and his stuff has improved as a result.

If he could keep this up, he'll be a definite weapon going forward. He's nasty when he's right.