The STL Cardinals Thread - New Season, Same Old Cardinals?

CWood21

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Adolis Garcia getting called up. O’Neil to DL 

I'm excited to see what Garcia has. He's been red hot and his stellar defense in the OF will be welcome. Just imagine having Bader and Garcia out there.

I do kind of feel bad for O'Neil, every time he gets a shot he gets hurt. 

38 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I'm excited to see what Garcia has. He's been red hot and his stellar defense in the OF will be welcome. Just imagine having Bader and Garcia out there.

I do kind of feel bad for O'Neil, every time he gets a shot he gets hurt. 

I thought O'Neill had a groin injury, but saying now it's the shoulder. Great, another OF shoulder injury.  

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Very aggressive move here, but I like it.  And Palm Beach doesn't do any favors to hitters either.

They've been pretty aggressive with their promotions lately, especially with a few of the highly touted hitters in the system. I mean we saw it with Carlson earlier in the year getting promoted to Palm Beach. And with Nolan Gorman moving up to Johnson City right away was pretty shocking. I'm really hoping their blue print is to just let Montero play a month down in High-A and then He and Carlson start next year in Springfield.  

I know this would be REALLY aggressive, but it'd be sweet if Gorman rakes next year in Peoria and by June or July he gets promoted to Springfield and we have all 3 of those guys on the same team. Would probably actually drive down there to catch a few games. But I don't expect Gorman in AA till 2020 at the earliest. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

They've been pretty aggressive with their promotions lately, especially with a few of the highly touted hitters in the system. I mean we saw it with Carlson earlier in the year getting promoted to Palm Beach. And with Nolan Gorman moving up to Johnson City right away was pretty shocking. I'm really hoping their blue print is to just let Montero play a month down in High-A and then He and Carlson start next year in Springfield.  

I know this would be REALLY aggressive, but it'd be sweet if Gorman rakes next year in Peoria and by June or July he gets promoted to Springfield and we have all 3 of those guys on the same team. Would probably actually drive down there to catch a few games. But I don't expect Gorman in AA till 2020 at the earliest. 

Don't get me wrong, they're usually aggressive with their hitters.  I just didn't anticipate them promoting him.  Figured he'd start the year in Palm Beach next year, and after a part of a season move him up to Springfield.  Doubt we see Gorman and Montero on the same field before St. Louis.  You have to figure they want both to stay at 3B as long as possible.  Your ETA for Gorman in Springfield seems accurate.

12 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't know if I've ever been as excited about our Farm System as I am now. 

Definitely a different feel than in year's past.  Most of our talent is in the lower minors, which is testament of how much talent they've promoted in the last few years.  We've got 3 legitimate middle of the order bats in our farm system.