The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

22 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Matz to the IL with lat strain. He's probably done for the year. Thompson will slide into his rotation spot.

Mo said we will be adding (3) starters this off-season. Good to hear them publicly ackowledge the need for more than (1) external candidate. 

Right when Matz starts stringing some decent starts together 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Right when Matz starts stringing some decent starts together 

He'd looked as dominant as ever since he rejoined the rotation and tweaked his off-speed pitches. He was also finally locating the FB.

Matz had registered a 1.86 ERA, 0.88 WHIP and a 38/7 K/BB ratio over seven starts since rejoining the rotation in early July.

7 hours ago, CWood21 said:

As expected, they wanted to wait until there were less than 45 games left in season and they're not going to let him eclipse the 130 ABs for service time factors, so I'd expect him to get regular days off. The era has officially begun though.

WTF is with that number though lol...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kgarrett12486 said:

As expected, they wanted to wait until there were less than 45 games left in season and they're not going to let him eclipse the 130 ABs for service time factors, so I'd expect him to get regular days off. The era has officially begun though.

WTF is with that number though lol...

I don't hate the number. It is weird to see 0, though. I can't imagine he'll keep that his whole career. 

• Like 1

Down to my final 4 games of the year tonight.  Was feeling puny so I skipped Tuesday, but I am recharged and ready to go!  Had to make sure that Wainwright wasn't starting tonight, or I may have come down with David-19 again...

If you take away the Wainwright starts, my record isn't that bad this season.  

Well, we suck again.  But I did get to see the debut of Masyn Winn.  Alonzo threw Winn's first hit ball into the stands, like a jackass.  We let him hear it for the rest of the game.  Probably would have been more fun if the game was closer.  

Also got to see Richie Palacios' first hit with the Cardinals.  Otherwise beautiful night with some horrible baseball.

• Like 1

The Cardinals are currently projected to pick 5th (pending lottery results) with 38 games remaining.  The Cardinals haven't picked earlier than 18th since the Cardinals drafted Brett Wallace with the 13th pick in the 2008 MLB Draft.  The Cardinals haven't drafted inside the top 10 since they took J.D. Drew 5th overall in 1998.  That's an impressive feat.  And probably one of the very few bright spots on an otherwise miserable season.

• Like 2

Watching Kodi Senga pitch this past weekend just makes me want to tap into the KBO market this off-season. He's a bonafide #2-3 type and he was a bargain even with the posting fee. A guy like Yamamoto wouldlook really good a top this rotation and probably could be had on a $20-25/million AAV deal for 4-5 years. 

Assuing he gets a 5 year, 150 million deal, you're talking about a posting fee of roughly $20 million. That's a good price for a potential 25 year old ace.