The STL Cardinals Thread - Welcome to STL JJ!

CWood21

On 7/29/2024 at 2:32 PM, ThatJerkDave said:

Not going to lie.  My distaste for Tommy Pham is about the same as my distaste for Matt Carpenter.

Shut up, you jerk!

Haha! Still not a fan of Pham, but that was awesome! Did you know that he just doubled our pinch hit RBIs for the season in one at bat?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Haha! Still not a fan of Pham, but that was awesome! Did you know that he just doubled our pinch hit RBIs for the season in one at bat?

I love me some Tommy Pham and think he has the edge this team lacks both on and off the field, but I see how he rubs people the wrong way.

That moment last night though was special. Right up there with Ankiel's HR and Holliday's last AB HR IMO...

19 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

I love me some Tommy Pham and think he has the edge this team lacks both on and off the field, but I see how he rubs people the wrong way.

That moment last night though was special. Right up there with Ankiel's HR and Holliday's last AB HR IMO...

There were maybe 9 thousand people there, but we were all on our feet.  

Now that I am thinking about it, I have seen a lot of random stuff at baseball games.  A lot of debuts and returns, none of them were on purpose either.  I am pretty sure I have seen the first games of the last 5 or 6 short stops and second basemen that the Cardinals have had.  I was at JD Drew's first game.  I saw Mike Piazza playing for the Marlins in one of the like 10 games he was there.  Last week, I saw the return of Juan Yepez.  

The Cardinals have formally selected Michael McGreevy’s contract from Triple-A Memphis, the team announced. To make room on the 40-man roster, Jacob Bosiokovic has been designated for assignment. He will make his MLB debut this afternoon. 

In additional Cardinals news, the team placed Lance Lynn on the 15-day injured list with right knee inflammation. Lynn pitched well against the Rangers last night, limiting Texas to one run on three hits over five innings. However, he told reporters after the game (including Katie Woo) that he was nursing pain in his knee. Woo noted that he was walking with “a pretty noticeable limp.” John Denton of MLB.com suggests that Lynn’s injury is “pretty serious,” and that the veteran fears his right knee could be “severely damaged.” However, Jeff Jones of the Belleville News-Democrat reported last night that Lynn and the Cardinals will “monitor” the injury and “see how he recovers.” While Lynn is out, St. Louis could choose to give McGreevy a couple of extra turns in the rotation. Alternatively, they could push back Andre Pallante’s move to the bullpen.

16 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Very good first start for McGreevy and it’s nice to see the offense come alive in back to back games. Would love to know the last time they scored 8+ runs in back to back games.

It hasn't been done this season up until yesterday. They've been close (3) different times, but never hit the 8+/8+ back to back games. 

Time to give Michael Siani some props. He's been a liability at the plate when he first came up, but over the last 1.5 months he's made really made strides and is finally producing some good ABs.

For context, since 6/12/24, he has a higher OPS than Luis Robert Jr., Corbin Carroll, Julio Rodriguez, Cody Bellinger and other bigger name CF's.

It'll be interesting to see if he can continue a servicable bottom of the order hitter. If so, he could carve himself into a Kevin Keirmaier type.