Raiders sign QB Jimmy Garoppolo (3 years, $67.5M, $34M gtd)

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Well, I didn’t really say he only made those throws! I said he’s famous for feeding on short and easy throws which he is.

I think you and Buck are just trying to draw me into a Carr v Jimmy debate so I’ll take my leave now cheers 🍺

My final nail in the coffin.. I ask you to read this entire thread it's not long...

9 hours ago, raidr4life said:

My final nail in the coffin.. I ask you to read this entire thread it's not long...

Nah, you’re Ok. I’m over the Carr debates thanks. I don’t need to reread threads as I watched the games! 

Im keen to see what Garoppolo can do but my expectations are low. Hope for the best, expect the worst 😁

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Nah, you’re Ok. I’m over the Carr debates thanks. I don’t need to reread threads as I watched the games! 

Im keen to see what Garoppolo can do but my expectations are low. Hope for the best, expect the worst 😁

It's all good, you learn a few things going back and reading game threads like how short people memories are sometimes for instance.

Neil Farrell jr started to come on and was getting some praise. Now he sucks never showed nothing.

People saying Moreau is done we should move on. Yet someone told me he's a top 10 TE a few weeks ago.

Defense improved some down the stretch in spite of injuries.

Tillery was a factor as a rotational passrusher and the slight improvement of the defense.

It opens your eyes to some of the moves they made and it's funny watching people who called for those moves reverse courses.

• Like 2

Saw jimmy made it to the photo shoot with no boot on but no cleats either 

surprised he took photos without a signed contract this is weird dude was signed but he’s not on the team yet. He may or may not even be on the team week 1. Wtf is going on. Giving him the playbook and he hasn’t even passed a physical. Maybe I’m just old but I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a situation like this. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Saw jimmy made it to the photo shoot with no boot on but no cleats either 

surprised he took photos without a signed contract this is weird dude was signed but he’s not on the team yet. He may or may not even be on the team week 1. Wtf is going on. Giving him the playbook and he hasn’t even passed a physical. Maybe I’m just old but I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a situation like this. 

They re-worked his contract. It's signed and he is on the team. What am I missing here?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

They re-worked his contract. It's signed and he is on the team. What am I missing here?

No money unless he passes physical he hasn’t been paid anything yet.

If he fails physical contract is ripped up

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What’s different 

Dude you mad they gave him the playbook. So you don't want him to study the plays while he's hurt? The fact of the matter is their doctors are saying he will be ready that's all they care about, not what you, I, or the media says. 

15 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Dude you mad they gave him the playbook. So you don't want him to study the plays while he's hurt? The fact of the matter is their doctors are saying he will be ready that's all they care about, not what you, I, or the media says. 

In the history of the nfl has this ever happened before? 

If this Jimmy thing fails I’m done with jmd and ziegs

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

In the history of the nfl has this ever happened before? 

If this Jimmy thing fails I’m done with jmd and ziegs

Well I'm with you if it fails.

Lots of guys have offseason surgeries and are question marks to return, their doctors are confident, they are confident that's why he out there taking pictures, difference is we don't have to pay him a dime if he's not ready.

He's there he's on the team he's rehabbing, and studying the playbook, would you rather they had given him money already.

Edited by raidr4life

25 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Well I'm with you if it fails.

Lots of guys have offseason surgeries and are question marks to return, their doctors are confident, they are confident that's why he out there taking pictures, difference is we don't have to pay him a dime if he's not ready.

He's there he's on the team he's rehabbing, and studying the playbook, would rather they had given him money already.

If he couldn’t pass the physical I wish we would’ve passed on him and moved on to someone else. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

If he couldn’t pass the physical I wish we would’ve passed on him and moved on to someone else. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/raiders-qb-jimmy-garoppolo-foot-expected-to-be-ready-for-start-of-training-camp

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/insider_reveals_massive_update_on_raiders_jimmy_garoppolo/s1_13132_38891114

Edited by raidr4life
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2023 at 7:09 PM, raidr4life said:

I don’t I believe at all that JG will be available “long before TC starts” like the second article proclaims.  I personally think he’ll pass his physical towards the end of camp.  I think the FO and JMD are so overly invested in JG that if he’s can’t pass the physical before week - they just void the deal and sign him to a slightly lesser ones when he can.