Bears sign TE Robert Tonyan (1 year)

RaidersAreOne

He's a great guy.  Tonyan, not @SteelKing728   :)  .

He was a nothing, UDFA, and he worked his tail off to become a decent tight end.  He was really coming on until his knee shredded.  Last year he was just so limited athletically.  But, he seemed to show a little more quicks at the end of the year.

He's a great TE2.  But more of a receiver than a blocker.  He is a "try hard" blocker, but he isn't overly good at it.

And maybe he's a better receiver than we fans give him credit for.  It isn't like our QB was going to throw the ball over the middle.

• Like 1

Do you know what the word great means? He was our starter for a few years because the GM can't draft a TE to save his life. Has anyone seen Jace sternberger around? Tonyan was jag before the injury, he's now a fringe NFL player. Not a blocker, slow with mediocre hands. 

18 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

He's a great guy.  Tonyan, not @SteelKing728   :)  .

He was a nothing, UDFA, and he worked his tail off to become a decent tight end.  He was really coming on until his knee shredded.  Last year he was just so limited athletically.  But, he seemed to show a little more quicks at the end of the year.

He's a great TE2.  But more of a receiver than a blocker.  He is a "try hard" blocker, but he isn't overly good at it.

And maybe he's a better receiver than we fans give him credit for.  It isn't like our QB was going to throw the ball over the middle.

I'm just messing. I was a fan of Love until I watched more than just his highlights in college.

13 hours ago, ReadyToThump said:

Lol imagine going from a Super Bowl winning, Hall of Fame, 4x MVP quarterback, to a runningback throwing you the ball. 

Was Robert Tonyan even alive yet when Rodgers won his Super Bowl?

34 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Was Robert Tonyan even alive yet when Rodgers won his Super Bowl?

Probably 96% or more of users on this site weren't alive when the bears last won the superbowl... you know, nearly 4 decades ago. 

0% of users on this site were alive when the vikings and lions won the... oh wait!

xD

8 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Probably 96% or more of users on this site weren't alive when the bears last won the superbowl... you know, nearly 4 decades ago. 

0% of users on this site were alive when the vikings and lions won the... oh wait!

xD

But I’m not here boasting about the super bowl. And if I had a top 5 qb of all time that won 4 MVP’s and only one super bowl, you probably wouldn’t find me boasting then either. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

And a very typical anti-Fields fan comment. 

You replied to me about Robert Tonyan and the last time the Packers won the superbowl lol 

But again tell me how you would or  wouldn't boast if you "had a top 5 qb of all time that won 4 MVP’s and only one super bowl"

I really liked that part