Who's Catching Passes from Jordan Love?

Packerraymond

3 hours ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Jaxon Smith Njigba in round one .. Luke Musgrave in round two.  Watson is going to be the true #1 this year .. a lot of the passing game will run thru him. 

3 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

You can't have a WR room of Watson, Doubs, Toure, Melton, DP, DP. Need some kind of vet in there. Be interesting what dumpster dive they can do. Personally think Marvin Jones Jr is the perfect add.

Take these, throw in an Austin Hooper signing and an Andrei Iosivas pick in the 4th and you've got my solution. 

This is an offseason for investing multiple assets.

WR in round one ? Its all about the Packers board and how they value the players left when they pick.

I don't think they have a serious objection to a first round pick at WR, just that they prefer other positions with high picks............so if the right WR is there and the best player left, they will take them. I think they were going to take Christian Watson in the first round last year, until they saw Wyatt still on the board - then (I believe) they changed their mind and tried to get them both (which, with a bit of trading, they did).

WRs Quentin Johnston or Smith-Njigba must look pretty attractive choices for them at 15, if either is still there (Addison is too light for the Packers, imo). If the Packers do pass on a WR in round one, maybe Tillman is a round 2 target.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

This is correct and I agree completely.

Watson, Doubs and Toure with another second rounder is plenty for a veteran QB. Not for a first year starter.

UNLESS - and this is what you maybe haven’t considered - Gute wants to get Love to a team friendly long term deal.

And I think he does.

It’s genius when you think about it. I’d Love goes for 20 touchdowns and 10 interceptions with that group, the Packers will know what he’s worth. Other teams won’t.

This is never considered in free agency. It’s why MVS just went for 10 per and Lazard 11 per and why the Patriots always get comp picks for their corners.

NFL players are worth what NFL fans think they’re worth.

Playing with a QBs confidence level is something I'd not be interested in. Just give him talent and let him succeed. 

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Playing with a QBs confidence level is something I'd not be interested in. Just give him talent and let him succeed. 

Losers always whine about their confidence level. Winners go home and **** the prom queen.

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Winners don't have management intentionally tank their value. Sounds like a losers game. 

Some may forget that when Rodgers took over in 2008, he walked into a huddle with prime Greg Jennings, still solid Donald Driver, James Jones, a young Jordy Nelson and Jermichael Finley at his disposal. He was given the keys to a Ferrari. 

Gute owes Love the same (or at least an attempt for the same) if you want to truly evaluate him. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Some may forget that when Rodgers took over in 2008, he walked into a huddle with prime Greg Jennings, still solid Donald Driver, James Jones, a young Jordy Nelson and Jermichael Finley at his disposal. He was given the keys to a Ferrari. 

Gute owes Love the same (or at least an attempt for the same) if you want to truly evaluate him. 

Some forget because lol.

Jordy Nelson was a rookie in Aaron’s first year.

James Jones was a second year pro.

Jermichael Finley was a rookie who had 6 catches in Aaron’s first year.

Jennings and Driver were good, that I’ll grant. 

7 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Some forget because lol.

Jordy Nelson was a rookie in Aaron’s first year.

James Jones was a second year pro.

Jermichael Finley was a rookie who had 6 catches in Aaron’s first year.

Jennings and Driver were good, that I’ll grant. 

Yet, they were all talented, whether that talent was fully matured at the time or not. Point is simple, don't neglect those positions with a young, new QB. The mantra over the last few years regarding Rodgers doing more with less at those positions shouldn't apply to Love. He has Watson and Doubs, two developing players,....and that's really it right now. Need to add some talent to both WR and TE, whether they are young guys, vets or a mix. Otherwise, it'll be pretty tough to fairly evaluate Love this season.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

WR in round one ? Its all about the Packers board and how they value the players left when they pick.

That is pretty key.  I will take a look at the WRs available between the Packers picks in the first and second and check the WRs taken.  I doubt very much that it is a who's-who of WRs, but I could be mistaken.