Who's Catching Passes from Jordan Love?

Packerraymond

Kind of amazing to think 12 months ago we had Davante Adams, MVS, Allen Lazard, EQ, Randall Cobb, Robert Tonyan, Marcedes Lewis and Josiah Deguara. Now Deguara is the only one remaining.

Currently on the roster: Christian Watson, Romeo Doubs, Samari Toure, Bo Melton, Jeff Cotton, Josiah Deguara, Tyler Davis, and Austin Allen. Watson and Doubs obviously flashed great potential, and Toure might be better than your typical 7th rounder, but that is probably the most bare a cupboard I can remember.

So with minimal cap space and an unwillingness to use 1st round picks on pass catchers, how do we set up Jordan Love for success??

The TE position is more scheme than talent outside of the top 5 guys. The Lions were a well oiled machine on offense and they traded away their only decent TE. Just pick up a journeyman vet and draft a TE on day 2. 

WR - that's easy. Corey Davis, Watson, Doubs and Jaxon Smith-Njigba with pick 15. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

The TE position is more scheme than talent outside of the top 5 guys. The Lions were a well oiled machine on offense and they traded away their only decent TE. Just pick up a journeyman vet and draft a TE on day 2. 

WR - that's easy. Corey Davis, Watson, Doubs and Jaxon Smith-Njigba with pick 15. 

Yeah, we're not getting Corey Davis' $11mil cap hit...

I think we will see us make a move for a TE in free agency or through a Rodgers trade.

The Packers will wait for the price to drop and hopefully someone like Gesicki, Hooper or Moreau might still be knocking around at a value rate.

Two of the FA WR I liked are gone, JuJu and Slayton.  DJ Chark is the last one on my list but it's likely he will get at least 3/33 type contract. I would love OBJ but I don't think we're an attractive enough destination with Rodgers leaving.

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah, we're not getting Corey Davis' $11mil cap hit...

We've discussed this. It won't be on his current deal. You rework it as part of the trade. Davis makes perfect sense. Packers have wanted him for a while, including last year, and the Jets have no use for him. Unless he outright refuses to extend or restructure his deal, shouldn't be a tall task. 

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

We've discussed this. It won't be on his current deal. You rework it as part of the trade. Davis makes perfect sense. Packers have wanted him for a while, including last year, and the Jets have no use for him. Unless he outright refuses to extend or restructure his deal, shouldn't be a tall task. 

Lotta ifs.

But maybe