Allen Lazard WR

Bobby816

Just realized we never started a thread for him and he’s a big signing.

4yr 44mill but really 2yr 22mill is what’s guaranteed.

Gigantic WR that’s 6’5” and 225lbs. Uses his body very well and has pretty good hands. Not gonna hurt you with speed. But he is a monster in run blocking as well.

And obviously has that relationship with AR. But regardless of AR. He’s a good signing. Filling that outside WR role that we likely have vacant assuming we eventually move on from Davis. Lazard is close to Davis skill wise. But actually stays healthy. So that for me puts him ahead of him. Lazard is also still only 27. So he won’t even be 30 by the time his guaranteed money is done. AR also speaks very highly of his knowledge, work ethic and love for the game.

Hopefully he produces more than he did in Green Bay but at least will be healthy enough to allow Wilson and Moore to get open and he can block on the outside. Not as physically gifted as Davis or productive, but Davis simply didn't work out here because he was not on the field. 

I expect seasons around the 600-800yd area with around 3-6 TDs. GW will be the #1. So he’ll get the 1k+ 7td+ seasons. But Lazard can be that nice big body piece.

I believe he played in the slot more in GB last year bc of personnel. GBs other 2 starting WRs were rookies. I think they also wanted to keep him closer to the interior for blocking. Watson is strictly an outside deep threat guy. And around is more like a Corey Davis.

I also think people get too caught up in where guys line up. It’s more about utilizing them correctly then where they’re lined up. For example I didn’t mind Moore lining up on the outside last year early on. I didn’t like throwing jump balls to him

Lazard is an excellent blocker who does a lot of the dirty work valued by teammates and coaches.  Plus he's a fine #3 WR.  Our mistake last year was expecting him to be a #1 while our high pick Watson was hampered by injuries and started out slow.

I was a little hard on the signing at first, but I realized it was a good deal and the body type of WR we need. Even if we didn't get Rodgers, it's a solid pick up. 

He also present a good physical challenge vs Sauce at practice. None of our good WRs were taller than Sauce. Now he goes against someone taller and almost 30lbs bigger than him. Although him being physical wasn't the problem, having different types of WRs to practice against helps so much when preparing for key match ups.