DC Defenders our new team

Kind of shocked or I missed out that no one has brought them up, I know it's not the big boys but hey they are 5-0 which we haven't seen from the original home team in what seems like forever.  I know it's the XFL but them winning makes me feel good that a team from the area knows how to do that correctly.  I also want to say I am very happy for Gregg Williams coming back here to show our soon to be ex owner what he lost out on, just another good coach he let slip away from his little hands.  Definitely looking forward to going to Audi field to see them play.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 2:48 PM, Legend_Kenny4ever said:

Kind of shocked or I missed out that no one has brought them up, I know it's not the big boys but hey they are 5-0 which we haven't seen from the original home team in what seems like forever.  I know it's the XFL but them winning makes me feel good that a team from the area knows how to do that correctly.  I also want to say I am very happy for Gregg Williams coming back here to show our soon to be ex owner what he lost out on, just another good coach he let slip away from his little hands.  Definitely looking forward to going to Audi field to see them play.

I love watching the team play, I really need to make if do a game it looks like fun unlike Commanders games. And it's always fun to watch a Gregg Williams D. Man I still wish he was given the HC job in 2008 instead of Jim Zorn. 

• Like 2

I watched a little last night in between the Hokies game. Honestly I thought the insight into the ref's discussions and the coach thoughts was going to be cool but, and it was kind of a hectic couple of moments going on, it got obnoxious real quick. 

• Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 8:24 AM, MikeT14 said:

I watched a little last night in between the Hokies game. Honestly I thought the insight into the ref's discussions and the coach thoughts was going to be cool but, and it was kind of a hectic couple of moments going on, it got obnoxious real quick. 

Same. But other than that, I love that they are allowing the fans to have fun in the stadium (Beer snake, lemons, etc...). The league and team seems to "get it".

When is the last time any of us said this, the Washington team claimed a playoff spot and has the chance to have homefield advantage and are favored to win it all.  When was the last time we as fans have said that, I know I was in middle school or high school at the latest which was in the late 80's early 90s and I am not talking about the Capitols who are eliminated from the playoffs or the Washington Nationals who is just in a stage of total rebuild.  If I can get tickets to a playoff game I think I may go because at the moment it's the only time right now the professional football team in DC that plays in DC is doing anything.  7-1 and has clinched a playoff spot is amazing and gives me a little bit of hope for the actual professional team believe it or not

• Like 1

They have home field advantage for the playoffs, when is the last time we said that about the team that's been here for over 50 years, I haven't said it sense I was in middle or high school which is like forever it seems.  I know tickets to see the Defenders playoff game is going to be sky high and I would be willing to go just to be in that environment for sure.  LET'S GO DEFENDERS

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Legend_Kenny4ever said:

They have home field advantage for the playoffs, when is the last time we said that about the team that's been here for over 50 years, I haven't said it sense I was in middle or high school which is like forever it seems.  I know tickets to see the Defenders playoff game is going to be sky high and I would be willing to go just to be in that environment for sure.  LET'S GO DEFENDERS

Not since the 91-92 season & that was one of the times in the Redskins history they ever had home field throughout the playoffs. Other may remember who are older, but they definitely didn’t have home field in 87-88. They may have had it in 83? Not sure about that.

The Defenders squeaked out another win in San Antonio last night 29-28 vs the San Antonio Brahmas. They are the #1 seed in the North Championship of the playoffs:

Updated XFL Playoff Bracket

XFL North Championship Game

(1) DC Defenders vs. (2) St. Louis Battlehawks OR Seattle Sea Dragons

XFL South Championship Game

(1) Houston Roughnecks vs. (2) Arlington Renegades