Fields or Love?

Pool

Fields or Love?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you think will have the better career?

• Justin "Strawberry" Fields Forever
    • Jordan "All you need is" Love

3 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

The same people won’t be an adult and admit they were wrong either. 

It's not about being right or wrong. It's about takes that are objectively stupid. If Jordan Love someday goes on to be the GOAT that does not mean that right now it's logical to take a guy with 3 career TDs and zero wins over Trevor Lawrence or Justin Herbert going forward. You can have immense faith in Jordan going forward, and also realize he has shown us nothing yet, and taking him over established stars is based almost completely on hope rather than knowledge. It is okay to say "I think Jordan Love is going to be amazing, but I also realize taking him over the MVP runner-up seems unreasonable right now". It's honestly embarrassing to see the lack of level-headedness from a lot of fellow Packer fans on this. Calling people ignorant for not assuming Love is a surefire stud is pathetic (you didn't say this). If 49er fans said the same things about Lance, who has played more than Jordan and has as many tools, it'd be laughed out of the building exactly like this take has been outside of the Packer forum. 

I can't speak for others but I'm happy to admit when I'm wrong. I thought Josh Allen was going to suck. Same with Cam Newton. I was super high on Sam Darnold. I thought Jameis was going to be a stud. It's easy to admit being wrong, especially in cases like this where being wrong results in my favorite team getting an amazing QB. Hell, I wanted to move on from Aaron last offseason so we could see what we had in Love. That said, I also don't have to go back 15 years to find one where I was right, with the tamest take ever that probably zero non-Viking fans even fought. 

• Like 5

20 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Aww cute. This is why you all flocked to the GB forum.

Love is gonna crush it. I dealt with the same stupid attacks when I knew Rodgers was gonna be really really good after he played vs Dallas in 2007.

Sometimes ya just know. It's hilarious to me how EXACTLY this mirrors the Rodgers situation. Everyone laughed when I confidently said I'd take Aaron Rodgers over Tarvaris Jackson after 2007, too. 

For those tossing insults around, just know you're gonna look as dumb as those people did ;)

You really think picking Rodgers over Tarvaris Jackson is some amazing checkmark on your resume?

Jackson wasn't good in 2006. He was a late 2nd round pick. What a ledge you went out on to not pick him over Aaron Rodgers. Wow.

You are picking Love over legitimately good and younger QBs. This is not the same thing.

Hey guys, I'm going to pat myself on the back because I picked Drew Brees and Carson Palmer over Rex Grossman.

Just to be clear, I like Jordan Love. I think he's actually going to do well. But picking him over Lawrence and Herbert is like the scene in Family Guy where Peter picks a Mystery Box instead of a boat...because the Mystery Box might be a boat and that's what he wants.

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Mox said:

It's not about being right or wrong. It's about takes that are objectively stupid. If Jordan Love someday goes on to be the GOAT that does not mean that right now it's logical to take a guy with 3 career TDs and zero wins over Trevor Lawrence or Justin Herbert going forward. You can have immense faith in Jordan going forward, and also realize he has shown us nothing yet, and taking him over established stars is based almost completely on hope rather than knowledge. It is okay to say "I think Jordan Love is going to be amazing, but I also realize taking him over the MVP runner-up seems unreasonable right now". It's honestly embarrassing to see the lack of level-headedness from a lot of fellow Packer fans on this. Calling people ignorant for not assuming Love is a surefire stud is pathetic (you didn't say this). If 49er fans said the same things about Lance, who has played more than Jordan and has as many tools, it'd be laughed out of the building exactly like this take has been outside of the Packer forum. 

I can't speak for others but I'm happy to admit when I'm wrong. I thought Josh Allen was going to suck. Same with Cam Newton. I was super high on Sam Darnold. I thought Jameis was going to be a stud. It's easy to admit being wrong, especially in cases like this where being wrong results in my favorite team getting an amazing QB. Hell, I wanted to move on from Aaron last offseason so we could see what we had in Love. That said, I also don't have to go back 15 years to find one where I was right, with the tamest take ever that probably zero non-Viking fans even fought. 

I begrudgingly have to agree with you. Almost fell out of my chair when some of my fellow fans said they'd take Love over Herbert and Trevor Lawerence right now. But you go to any team's forum and you will see some pretty irrational takes.

I do think Love is gonna surprise a lot of people and be a top 5 QB in the league one day. His game against Philly was very 2007 Rodgers vs Dallas Esque 

Edited by Mdpackfan22
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mox said:

Oh so you’re generalizing what people are saying. Gotcha. 

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Just to be clear, I like Jordan Love. I think he's actually going to do well. But picking him over Lawrence and Herbert is like the scene in Family Guy where Peter picks a Mystery Box instead of a boat...because the Mystery Box might be a boat and that's what he wants

This made me chuckle and I totally understand that POV. 

Listen, I've never liked Trevor Lawrence. Didn't like him as a prospect, thought his career might get derailed by Urban, and I'm not high on him. But I recognize he had a better sophomore season. And I've barely watched any Herbert. Which is why I listed them both as "maybes". I'm not sold on either (for different reasons) and I definitely think Love's tools are at the same level of those two. But Love is my guy, so I'm gonna pick him amongst guys in the same tier. 

I definitely don't think Lawrence or Herbert are boats (yet). Mahomes, Burrow, Allen. Those are your boats. The rest could be boats or could be dinghies.

I'm a big fan of Hurts as well. I think he's a great fit in Philly and I think he'd be a great fit in GB, too. Very different style than Love and I prefer Love's elite arm tools to Hurts'. I think Love has a higher ceiling. So I'm gonna roll those dice on a yacht.

Love has Mahomes/Rodgers potential. Obviously it's not likely he'll reach that level, but I think the chances are a LOT higher than anyone else thinks right now. 

He's more or less a joke on the forum and I'm excited to see him play and watch the collective opinion on him shift and people start to realize "oh ****, GB has another really really good QB..."

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

This made me chuckle and I totally understand that POV. 

Listen, I've never liked Trevor Lawrence. Didn't like him as a prospect, thought his career might get derailed by Urban, and I'm not high on him. But I recognize he had a better sophomore season. And I've barely watched any Herbert. Which is why I listed them both as "maybes". I'm not sold on either (for different reasons) and I definitely think Love's tools are at the same level of those two. But Love is my guy, so I'm gonna pick him amongst guys in the same tier. 

I definitely don't think Lawrence or Herbert are boats (yet). Mahomes, Burrow, Allen. Those are your boats. The rest could be boats or could be dinghies.

I'm a big fan of Hurts as well. I think he's a great fit in Philly and I think he'd be a great fit in GB, too. Very different style than Love and I prefer Love's elite arm tools to Hurts'. I think Love has a higher ceiling. So I'm gonna roll those dice on a yacht.

Love has Mahomes/Rodgers potential. Obviously it's not likely he'll reach that level, but I think the chances are a LOT higher than anyone else thinks right now. 

He's more or less a joke on the forum and I'm excited to see him play and watch the collective opinion on him shift and people start to realize "oh ****, GB has another really really good QB..."

I've watched a lot of T Law and a lot of Herbert living in SoCal. Both of them are a few tiers above Love currently until proven otherwise. If you replaced either of them with Love, he'd be borderline out of the league right now. 

Edited by Mdpackfan22

2 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

I've watched a lot of T Law and a lot of Herbert living in SoCal. Both of them are a few tiers above Love currently until proven otherwise. If you replaced either of them with Love, he'd be borderline out of the league right now. 

Totally disagree with this.

They aren't a few tiers above Love. I think "proven" is the world's worst argument in player comps. It's the equivalent of buying high and selling low. 

Just now, incognito_man said:

Totally disagree with this.

They aren't a few tiers above Love. I think "proven" is the world's worst argument in player comps. It's the equivalent of buying high and selling low. 

Lawerence and Herbert are borderline top 10 QBs that have overcoming horrific coaching. Love has had 1 good half against the Eagles. They are clearly above him right now.

11 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Lawerence and Herbert are borderline top 10 QBs that have overcoming horrific coaching. Love has had 1 good half against the Eagles. They are clearly above him right now.

I think he's talking about their tiers as prospects/ the tools they possess. 

Edited by malak1

4 minutes ago, malak1 said:

I think he's talking about their tiers as prospects/ the tools they possess. 

Lawerence was one of the best QB prospects ever and the best since Andrew Luck. He finally had a competent HC his 2nd year and looked great for the most part with middling weapons.

Herbert has one of the strongest arms in the league and was in MVP talk for a bit.

There's not one person, even Packers fans, who wouldn't trade Love for Herbert or Lawerence straight up. And if they say otherwise, they need to put down the spotted cow.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

Lawerence was one of the best QB prospects ever and the best since Andrew Luck. He finally had a competent HC his 2nd year and looked great for the most part with middling weapons.

Herbert has one of the strongest arms in the league and was in MVP talk for a bit.

There's not one person, even Packers fans, who wouldn't trade Love for Herbert or Lawerence straight up. And if they say otherwise, they need to put down the spotted cow.

I'm not saying I agree with him, just that it seemed like you were talking past him or missing his point. I could be wrong though. 

24 minutes ago, Mdpackfan22 said:

No, they're not clearly above him. 

They simply have more publicly available data. 

8 minutes ago, malak1 said:

I'm not saying I agree with him, just that it seemed like you were talking past him or missing his point. I could be wrong though. 

I don't know what tools Love has that the others don't.

All 3 have similar arm strengths

Trevor Lawerence intangibles are clearly the best of the 3. He has the best pocket presence and is a legit threat running the ball

Jordan Love's question marks coming out was the mental side of things. Can he read a defense? Is he turnover prone? Those question marks remain to be seen while Lawerence and Herbert have both answered those questions.