Fields or Love?

Pool

Fields or Love?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you think will have the better career?

• Justin "Strawberry" Fields Forever
    • Jordan "All you need is" Love

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

For all of the people bashing OSU QB's, it's hilarious to me that we aren't doing the same for OU QB's. Between Bradford, Baker, and Kyler, we have 3 #1 overall bust Heisman winners alone.

OSU has had exactly 3 total QBs drafted in the 1st Round ever.

Schichter gambled and did cocaine on his way out of the league.

Haskins was well documented why he failed and to be blunt, if Joe Burrow doesn't break his thumb that spring, he doesn't even win the QB job that year.

Fields is TBD.

Who else are we expecting to really have been a contributor in the NFL? 6th Rounders like Craig Krenzel? Troy Smith? Bobby Hoying and Joe Germaine?

Would say the jury is out on Kyler.

Also, not counting in Jalen Hurts as an OU QB? I think he counts

5 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Would say the jury is out on Kyler.

Also, not counting in Jalen Hurts as an OU QB? I think he counts

He counts to an extent, absolutely. He played 3 of his 4 years at Alabama, starting 2 of those years.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

TL;DR

If OU claims Hurts OSU claims Joe Burrow.

Whats Up Stare GIF by NBA

I don't think Burrow would have been a worse pro if he had stayed at OSU. If he counts they've had 1. Other than that, Bradford Baker and Kyler are still lightyears better than the other QBs that have come out of OSU.

But this is a dumb argument to even have since I don't particularly think there is a reason Ohio State isn't represented. I don't really think schools produce bad players (except maybe Miami in the 00s), I do think they can better prepare certain positions, IE Wisconsin linemen.

Edited by nagahide13

On 5/9/2023 at 4:51 PM, nagahide13 said:

I don't think Burrow would have been a worse pro if he had stayed at OSU. If he counts they've had 1. Other than that, Bradford Baker and Kyler are still lightyears better than the other QBs that have come out of OSU.

But this is a dumb argument to even have since I don't particularly think there is a reason Ohio State isn't represented. I don't really think schools produce bad players (except maybe Miami in the 00s), I do think they can better prepare certain positions, IE Wisconsin linemen.

How much of that is because they played at OU in the Big12 who is notorious for playing zero defense. Toss Baker/Bradford/Murray into the Big 10, do you think they would have been as highly thought of prospects facing much better college defenses every week?

At the same time, put Haskins/Burrow/Stroud/Fields on OU in the Big 12....what do you think their numbers look like and would that have improved them as prospects in evaluators eyes looking even better than they did at OSU?

I think there is a case to be made, especially considering Baker/Murray/Bradford have largely looked like Busts for being #1 overall selections at the NFL level.

Edited by AkronsWitness

34 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

How much of that is because they played at OU in the Big12 who is notorious for playing zero defense. Toss Baker/Bradford/Murray into the Big 10, do you think they would have been as highly thought of prospects facing much better college defenses every week?

At the same time, put Haskins/Burrow/Stroud/Fields on OU in the Big 12....what do you think their numbers look like and would that have improved them as prospects in evaluators eyes looking even better than they did at OSU?

I think there is a case to be made, especially considering Baker/Murray/Bradford have largely looked like Busts for being #1 overall selections at the NFL level.

I think that is one of the main reasons it helps to look at schools, conferences, opponents, coaches, schemes etc when evaluating a player. Talent does not exist in a vacuum.

I'm certainly not bashing Ohio State for not having successful NFL qbs. I think it says something that they're able to create so many great college qbs. Michigan has just a random guy that's the biggest fluke in history and then Brian Griese and Chad Henne.