Fields or Love?

Pool

Fields or Love?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which QB do you think will have the better career?

• Justin "Strawberry" Fields Forever
    • Jordan "All you need is" Love

2 hours ago, Rainmaker90 said:

?

I mean your on a forum where stupid opinions are posted every day and won't admit there wrong 99% of the time. This isn't some crazy point that they won't be "Adults". Frankly I respect the fact that Incognito is going out on a limb on the way he sees it even if he is hilariously wrong a year from now. If everyone just said "He may be good he may be bad" what the hell is even the point of having a forum to discuss? Might as well just end all arguments with "He may get injured". 

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

You really think picking Rodgers over Tarvaris Jackson is some amazing checkmark on your resume?

Jackson wasn't good in 2006. He was a late 2nd round pick. What a ledge you went out on to not pick him over Aaron Rodgers. Wow.

You are picking Love over legitimately good and younger QBs. This is not the same thing.

Hey guys, I'm going to pat myself on the back because I picked Drew Brees and Carson Palmer over Rex Grossman.

Just to be clear, I like Jordan Love. I think he's actually going to do well. But picking him over Lawrence and Herbert is like the scene in Family Guy where Peter picks a Mystery Box instead of a boat...because the Mystery Box might be a boat and that's what he wants.

I'm pretty sure he once wanted to trade Rodgers for picks and start the Brett Hundley era. He's just rooting for his guy, I guess. 

Edited by malak1
  • Like 1

I'm cautiously pessimistic about both QBs.

Unless Justin Fields turns into Lamar Jackson in 2023 Chicago will be replacing him with Caleb Williams.  Justin's trade value, if any, will be the only issue.

Jordan Love didn't show much other than his arm in college but the rating services adore what little he's done so far and Green Bay does have some experience developing QBs.  Love has a cakewalk positional schedule so he should finish in the top 20 and earn a second year as a starter.  After that all bets are off.

31 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Justin's trade value, if any, will be the only issue.

Yeah, there will be. Any logical thinking person sees that he went from Ryan Day who got the most out of him to a guy who has no clue what to do with him and a franchise who doesn't value him.

3 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yeah, there will be. Any logical thinking person sees that he went from Ryan Day who got the most out of him to a guy who has no clue what to do with him and a franchise who doesn't value him.

I suspect he'll have some value, too.  However, 2024 rates to be the second year with such a strong[ish] QB class and most teams will want a fresh rookie passer.

• Like 1

I actually like Justin Fields as a premier NFL player but to think he had nothing to do with the Bears failings is just copium. He may grow but IMO his pocket awareness and going through his reads are extremely subpar for an NFL QB especially last year when he should have shown more growth. He is a great athlete and he makes up for alot of his faults with being able to run the ball but he is what everyone wants to think Lamar Jackson is. A great athlete and a poor passing QB right now. Maybe it was just his weapons but I have seen enough Bears football to doubt that is the case. I expect a better year from him but I still expect a mediocre passer and a dynamic runner. 

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

making the most out of the situation

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Spartacus said:

I actually like Justin Fields as a premier NFL player but to think he had nothing to do with the Bears failings is just copium. He may grow but IMO his pocket awareness and going through his reads are extremely subpar for an NFL QB especially last year when he should have shown more growth. He is a great athlete and he makes up for alot of his faults with being able to run the ball but he is what everyone wants to think Lamar Jackson is. A great athlete and a poor passing QB right now. Maybe it was just his weapons but I have seen enough Bears football to doubt that is the case. I expect a better year from him but I still expect a mediocre passer and a dynamic runner. 

What QB would be confident behind the line they had the or ok with the receivers they had? 

Of course his reads were off, it was a monumental feat that he did what he did and had the fire he had. That says a lot about who he is as a root football player. 

P.S. This not directed to you but generally speaking 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

What QB would be confident behind the line they had the or ok with the receivers they had? 

I think any of the elite QBs would do OK. I think a number of other QBs could have pulled out a couple more wins or so as well. For me it comes down to the eye test with Fields. You just see it with certain QBs where they take the snap, read the coverage, and make the right reads the majority of the time even if the talent isn't there. I just don't see that with Fields. I see a guy who panics after his first read, doesn't sit high in the pocket, and walks himself into sacks far too often. I think the fact that he is such a dynamic runner is the only reason he isn't considered in the potential bust category. 

Edited by Spartacus
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, incognito_man said:

No, they're not clearly above him. 

They simply have more publicly available data. 

So you are saying that the poll should be Love or Lance? I've seen enough from Lance to say that he will be better than Love if Shanny let's him throw the ball. Unfortunately there's just not enough publicly available data.

On 3/28/2023 at 11:21 AM, Mox said:

It's not about being right or wrong. It's about takes that are objectively stupid. If Jordan Love someday goes on to be the GOAT that does not mean that right now it's logical to take a guy with 3 career TDs and zero wins over Trevor Lawrence or Justin Herbert going forward. You can have immense faith in Jordan going forward, and also realize he has shown us nothing yet, and taking him over established stars is based almost completely on hope rather than knowledge. It is okay to say "I think Jordan Love is going to be amazing, but I also realize taking him over the MVP runner-up seems unreasonable right now". It's honestly embarrassing to see the lack of level-headedness from a lot of fellow Packer fans on this. Calling people ignorant for not assuming Love is a surefire stud is pathetic (you didn't say this). If 49er fans said the same things about Lance, who has played more than Jordan and has as many tools, it'd be laughed out of the building exactly like this take has been outside of the Packer forum. 

I can't speak for others but I'm happy to admit when I'm wrong. I thought Josh Allen was going to suck. Same with Cam Newton. I was super high on Sam Darnold. I thought Jameis was going to be a stud. It's easy to admit being wrong, especially in cases like this where being wrong results in my favorite team getting an amazing QB. Hell, I wanted to move on from Aaron last offseason so we could see what we had in Love. That said, I also don't have to go back 15 years to find one where I was right, with the tamest take ever that probably zero non-Viking fans even fought. 

Exactly this. I never once said Jordan Love is going to be trash but it's not like he was all that coming out of college and has quite literally done nothing in the NFL. I think he could be decent and my guess is as good as anyone's. It's just hilarious to even compare him to Herbert, a guy who has thrown for 5000 yards and 38 TDs in a season who is basically the same age. I get that love hasn't played much yet so it's a complete question mark as to if he would've played better but the bottom line is Herbert has played at an elite level in this league. I know people often times overrate their own teams' players hell I even thought Zach Wilson would be good. But at no point would I ever have put him up there with Herbert that's crazy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Towerbridge said:

Probably Love

Ohio State QB's are a joke at the next level

There has been 4 Ohio State QBs drafted in the first 45 picks....in the past 85 years. One is Fields, another was Haskins and the other 2 are random dudes nobody even knows 40+ years ago. Who are all of these QB busts that you speak of?

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

There has been 4 Ohio State QBs drafted in the first 45 picks....in the past 85 years. One is Fields, another was Haskins and the other 2 are random dudes nobody even knows 40+ years ago. Who are all of these QB busts that you speak of?

There aren't NFL successful QBs out of Ohio State. I think that's more what they were getting at. They didn't mention draft position.