Fantasy Football General Discussion 2023

NYRaider

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What is the earliest you would take Olave in non-ppr? Is 34 too early? Obviously who is available matters but he feels like a reach but year 2 WRs are a good bet

Is this in your non-PPR league?  In non-PPR fantasy pros combined rankings have him 24th, in PPR he is 20th.  I have him right there with Waddle, Wilson and DeVonta Smith and I think you can put them in any order.  

6 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Is this in your non-PPR league?  In non-PPR fantasy pros combined rankings have him 24th, in PPR he is 20th.  I have him right there with Waddle, Wilson and DeVonta Smith and I think you can put them in any order.  

Olave is 36 on ESPN which is what we use for our home league. 

5 hours ago, TakeTheBallDeep said:

10 Team PPR league and have to decide who to keep between Hill and Barkley?

Don't know my draft position yet. I feel like Hill is the safer play but Barkley has more upside potential. 

Is there a cost to keep?  If not, keep the higher ranked player based on adp.

If there is a round pick cost, then need that info to offer more thoughts

2 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Olave is 36 on ESPN which is what we use for our home league. 

Yeah, my point is the consensus is higher than that.  Just because ESPN lags in updating their rankings, doesn’t mean you should live by them.  Olave is worth a top 25 selection and you should feel comfortable taking him there.  

20 hours ago, Lionized said:

Anyone have a good recommendation for someone’s big board they use in league start ups? Specifically superflex? 

I typically use Fantasy Pro's but there Superflex rankings are kind of trash. I'd love to help you draft though, I just crushed a dynasty start up draft. 

4 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Where are you pulling consensus?

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/

They have combined 166 different rankings and do it with standard deviations and averages etc.  Then you can compare individuals with ADP and whatnot.  Helps me when going between sites and trying to figure out what my list is like compared to whichever site I'm drafting on.  You can also change between PPR/standard/half PPR as well as redraft, dynasty, etc. 

3 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Thoughts on James Cook? Again, Im asking in the non-ppr realm which I feel like hurts Cook but he does play in a high powered offense and is the age at RB that you'd want

Rachaad White too

I like White a lot and have him much higher than most rankings have him.  I would take White ahead of Pierce, Dobbins, Miles Sanders, Pacheco,  and other RBs in that section.  I think he is the highest ceiling of that bunch and has the opportunity with no real threat to steal carries.  

Cook I am high on but also he is somewhat risky.  They have Harris and Allen to steal goal line carries but he did have a 5.7 yard per attempt last year which is elite.  If he can maintain close to a 5 ypa, he will be a stud and outperform many of those I mentioned above.  I think he has breakout potential but also Buffalo hasn't ran the ball all that much.  Maybe Singletary just wasn't that good but seems like he had more talent than he showed in Buf and I wonder if the same will happen to Cook.  I think he is a solid RB3 with high RB2 upside.  

10 team PPR keeper,

Players being kept are 

Pollard (me)

Jefferson

Chase

Hill

Burrow

Mahomes

Wilson

Ridley

Chubb

Stevenson

i have 1.1

Who am i taking? Has to be CMC right? Or do I go Barkley? Kelce? I’m torn because who am I getting pass catcher wise at the 2-3 turn?