Fantasy Football General Discussion 2023

NYRaider

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

its highly unlikely that the first 11 picks are the same in both leagues so I dont think it will be a massive issue for you. now if there is a sleeper you love and are willing to take 2 rounds early, that might bite you draft #2

Not exactly my concern haha. It's more the second part. Giving away my guys on night one and having them sniped on night 2. 

On 8/19/2023 at 6:01 AM, twslhs20 said:

we are doing a 1 keeper for the 1st time ever in my full ppr 2RB 3WR 2Flex league. Its a 2 round penalty for the player. Have to stay on the roster to be eligilbe. Anyone I should be targeting?

Or I guess my question does this factor in at all in your draft strategy?

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Not exactly my concern haha. It's more the second part. Giving away my guys on night one and having them sniped on night 2. 

I feel like you’ll have plenty of guys you cant get day 1 so you wouldn’t give away everything? I feel like every year there are people im higher on than consensus that i never seem to get

26 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What is the earliest you would take Davante Adams in non-ppr? I feel like he is falling and it feels gross to take him but if he falls to 15, idk how I can not take him

If it’s a one QB league I think it’s completely fine taking him at 15. 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

What is the earliest you would take Davante Adams in non-ppr? I feel like he is falling and it feels gross to take him but if he falls to 15, idk how I can not take him

I feel like 15 is the earliest he should go.  Don't trust his QB situation and Jimmy G just hasn't produced top rated WRs other than when Deebo was playing RB too.  I'm probably lower on him than I should be but there also is not another 30 year old WR in the top 20, and I fully expect Adams to slow down some.  Not a lot but a little slip drops him from pick 15 to pick 25.  I have pretty much kept him off my board this year. 

40 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I feel like 15 is the earliest he should go.  Don't trust his QB situation and Jimmy G just hasn't produced top rated WRs other than when Deebo was playing RB too.  I'm probably lower on him than I should be but there also is not another 30 year old WR in the top 20, and I fully expect Adams to slow down some.  Not a lot but a little slip drops him from pick 15 to pick 25.  I have pretty much kept him off my board this year. 

Yea the closer it gets to draft day, the more my R1 and R2 RB targets move up so the odds of me getting them is lower so I'm trying to pivot towards WRs since no TEs will be worth it at 10 or 15(Kelce I expect to be gone even in non-ppr)

Like initially Chubb/Bijan seemed very likely at 10 and Pollard/Barkley at 15, and in non-ppr I love going RB-RB, would take an elite WR if 1 fell though but Chubb and Bijan are both probably gone and I dont think either Pollard or Barkley will now fall to 15

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

I'm in a .5 ppr dynasty league and will have two 1st round picks, pick 8 and 11.  My current roster is Allen, Pollard and G Wilson.  I'm considering spending both of those picks on RB's.  Some options I expect to be there are B. Hall, Dobbins, J. Williams, A. Jones and possibly Jacobs if the hold out continues.  Some other players I would consider are Metcalf, Mclauren, Hock and Kittle.  

Of this group and considering who I am keeping what two would you take? Since it's a dynasty league I am strongly considering Hall based on his age and athletic profile. 

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Yea the closer it gets to draft day, the more my R1 and R2 RB targets move up so the odds of me getting them is lower so I'm trying to pivot towards WRs since no TEs will be worth it at 10 or 15(Kelce I expect to be gone even in non-ppr)

Like initially Chubb/Bijan seemed very likely at 10 and Pollard/Barkley at 15, and in non-ppr I love going RB-RB, would take an elite WR if 1 fell though but Chubb and Bijan are both probably gone and I dont think either Pollard or Barkley will now fall to 15

I think Pollard/Barkley at 10 would be a solid first pick if Bijan and Chubb are gone.  I almost wouldn't mind either of them over Chubb TBH since I think both will finish top 5 at RB.  At 15, I would consider Jonathan Taylor now that he is supposed to be back or if a top WR drops then you can grab them there.  I will say I typically like the RBs in rounds 4-7 better than I do WR in that range so getting a WR isn't a bad idea.  Rounds 4-7 is filling out starters so I like to focus on those areas and sometimes I take a lesser player at a position of need based on options later.  Like I would probably rather start a draft with Tony Pollard and ARSB and then in rounds 3 DeVonte Smith (or Olave if by chance he is still there) and then in round 4 grab Gibbs/Aaron Jones/Mixon.  If you go RB/RB in 1 and 2 you may end up with Olave and like Deebo/Christian Watson as your top 2 WRs.  Which isn't awful but again I feel safer with those RBs in round 4.  Same in the next couple of rounds.  I like the RB group of Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, Pacheco, J Cook, Mattison, Akers, Dobbins, Swift, Herbert more than I do the WRs like the rookies, Lockett, Pittman, Evans, Dionte Johnson etc.   

So if you truly like Pollard/Barkley and your main targets are gone at 10, just take one of them.  Then at 15 take best value but with your future rounds in mind.  I think Adams is a viable option but I would prefer ARSB, AJ Brown, Cee Dee Lamb, Jonathan Taylor and maybe even Garret Wilson over him.  Or maybe you get lucky and one of your RBs drops because guys fall in love with the top WRs.  Ideally, someone takes Adams in front of you and that leaves a better value for you at 15. 

17 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'm in a .5 ppr dynasty league and will have two 1st round picks, pick 8 and 11.  My current roster is Allen, Pollard and G Wilson.  I'm considering spending both of those picks on RB's.  Some options I expect to be there are B. Hall, Dobbins, J. Williams, A. Jones and possibly Jacobs if the hold out continues.  Some other players I would consider are Metcalf, Mclauren, Hock and Kittle.  

Of this group and considering who I am keeping what two would you take? Since it's a dynasty league I am strongly considering Hall based on his age and athletic profile. 

Hall would be a solid pick.  He may underwhelm some this year coming off the knee injury and having Cook as insurance they may not over work him but he is a huge talent.  Same with Williams.  That feels high for him depending on who else is kept though.  If everyone has three keepers, that would mean you are starting around pick 37 (assuming its a 12 man league) and Williams is an ADP in the 70s.  Surely its gone up some with him being back but still probably in the 50s.  I think if there is a good WR available I may jump there but again may depend on who is kept.  I think DK would be a solid addition as would someone like Drake London or Christian Watson.  I would take both of them over McLauren. I don't love spending that big on TE but Hock could be huge if he keeps that connection with Cousins so might be worth the risk.  

To be honest that 35-50 range is one I don't love in most rankings so I often reach there for guys like London, Watson, Rachaad White or Javonte Williams.  That area is full of injured guys and older vets who are inconsistent so I say take a shot on the upside with guys like Hall and the others I have mentioned.  You have a solid base with Allen/Pollard/Wilson but no sure fire 1st round pick, so finding upside will be important. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think Pollard/Barkley at 10 would be a solid first pick if Bijan and Chubb are gone.  I almost wouldn't mind either of them over Chubb TBH since I think both will finish top 5 at RB.  At 15, I would consider Jonathan Taylor now that he is supposed to be back or if a top WR drops then you can grab them there.  I will say I typically like the RBs in rounds 4-7 better than I do WR in that range so getting a WR isn't a bad idea.  Rounds 4-7 is filling out starters so I like to focus on those areas and sometimes I take a lesser player at a position of need based on options later.  Like I would probably rather start a draft with Tony Pollard and ARSB and then in rounds 3 DeVonte Smith (or Olave if by chance he is still there) and then in round 4 grab Gibbs/Aaron Jones/Mixon.  If you go RB/RB in 1 and 2 you may end up with Olave and like Deebo/Christian Watson as your top 2 WRs.  Which isn't awful but again I feel safer with those RBs in round 4.  Same in the next couple of rounds.  I like the RB group of Javonte Williams, Rachaad White, Pacheco, J Cook, Mattison, Akers, Dobbins, Swift, Herbert more than I do the WRs like the rookies, Lockett, Pittman, Evans, Dionte Johnson etc.   

So if you truly like Pollard/Barkley and your main targets are gone at 10, just take one of them.  Then at 15 take best value but with your future rounds in mind.  I think Adams is a viable option but I would prefer ARSB, AJ Brown, Cee Dee Lamb, Jonathan Taylor and maybe even Garret Wilson over him.  Or maybe you get lucky and one of your RBs drops because guys fall in love with the top WRs.  Ideally, someone takes Adams in front of you and that leaves a better value for you at 15. 

First off thanks for the long answer. 
i am keeping a close eye on the JT situation. I do like a few of the 5-6 round RBs so I’m not RB-RB or bust but the 4 RBs i mentioned i like alot more than the WRs in that range and RBs get pushed up moreso in this league than any normal non-ppr league ive done. Round 3/4 gets very interesting because I don’t like much of anyone in that range. Im tempted to look at Rhamondre in early R4 and buy the dip

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Hall would be a solid pick.  He may underwhelm some this year coming off the knee injury and having Cook as insurance they may not over work him but he is a huge talent.  Same with Williams.  That feels high for him depending on who else is kept though.  If everyone has three keepers, that would mean you are starting around pick 37 (assuming its a 12 man league) and Williams is an ADP in the 70s.  Surely its gone up some with him being back but still probably in the 50s.  I think if there is a good WR available I may jump there but again may depend on who is kept.  I think DK would be a solid addition as would someone like Drake London or Christian Watson.  I would take both of them over McLauren. I don't love spending that big on TE but Hock could be huge if he keeps that connection with Cousins so might be worth the risk.  

To be honest that 35-50 range is one I don't love in most rankings so I often reach there for guys like London, Watson, Rachaad White or Javonte Williams.  That area is full of injured guys and older vets who are inconsistent so I say take a shot on the upside with guys like Hall and the others I have mentioned.  You have a solid base with Allen/Pollard/Wilson but no sure fire 1st round pick, so finding upside will be important. 

I completely agree and it appears we have the same philosophy.  Hall should be there and I will take him if that is the case barring a miracle and someone I don't expect to be there slips.  I do agree that he may start of slowly but I am thinking long term and he could pay dividends in the second half especially if Cook does what he usually does and that is get injured.   

DK would be a solid option for the 2nd pick and so would Williams. Williams is intriguing as he now has a play caller who knows how to get the most out his RB's.  Williams also flashed immense potential before the injury. 

I would consider Kittle and Hock as well because after them there is a steep decline unless one expects Pitts to finally do something.  The QB play in ATL frightens me.  I am higher on Kittle than most and would consider taking him over Hock. 

If Jacobs is there or Gibbs slips how would you rank Hall, Williams, Jacobs and Gibbs and would consider double dipping on RB? 

14 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I completely agree and it appears we have the same philosophy.  Hall should be there and I will take him if that is the case barring a miracle and someone I don't expect to be there slips.  I do agree that he may start of slowly but I am thinking long term and he could pay dividends in the second half especially if Cook does what he usually does and that is get injured.   

DK would be a solid option for the 2nd pick and so would Williams. Williams is intriguing as he now has a play caller who knows how to get the most out his RB's.  Williams also flashed immense potential before the injury. 

I would consider Kittle and Hock as well because after them there is a steep decline unless one expects Pitts to finally do something.  The QB play in ATL frightens me.  I am higher on Kittle than most and would consider taking him over Hock. 

If Jacobs is there or Gibbs slips how would you rank Hall, Williams, Jacobs and Gibbs and would consider double dipping on RB? 

I would put them Gibbs, Hall, Jacobs, Williams. 

I know Jacobs just had a big year but that was his only really big year and was in a contract year.  Now with the holdout, he is missing camp and reps and guys who do that rarely have great seasons.  Also I don't trust McDaniels being there beyond this year so I am not sure how to trust his future value.  Also he is coming off a 340 carry season and has over 1,050 carries in 4 years makes me nervous for his longevity and health during this year even.  

Gibbs I think sees the larger share of carries and will see a lot of work in the passing game.  I can see him having a better but similar rookie season to CMC with around 150 carries and 80+ catches.  TDs are hard to predict but have to assume he has 7-10 with that many touches.  

Hall and Williams are both upside with injuries but I like their talent.  Definitely riskier for this year. 

As for TE - I dont think the fall off is as huge as people make it out to be.  The gap between Kelce and Hock is bigger than the gap between Hock and the 22nd ranked TE.  The drop from Hock to the likely 10-12th TE will be about 60 points on the season which is big, but not any different than swapping the drafting positions with WR/RB.  I think guys like Okonkwo, Kmet and Njoku are just as good week to week.  Hock had 2 games with over 30 points last year (1 over 40), and no others over 20.  His average without those games is 9.3 per game.  Kittle had 4 games over 20, none over 30, and had 6 games with 7 points or less.  In comparison, Kmet was shut out in his first two games (one was a hurricane), and averaged 9.8 points per game the rest of the season.  So a TE might help win a week or two, but they don't help throughout the year like solid RBs and WRs do unless you have Kelce. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So Josh Jacobs ended his holdout. Where does his stock go now?

I think its where it should be tbh.  Missing this much of camp tends to lead to pulled hammy's and injuries.  The fact he had 340 carries last year usually leads to injury the next year or being much less effective.  He still is likely the workhorse fighting for a contract but I dont see him being as productive so going in the 30s makes sense IMO.