Fantasy Football General Discussion 2023

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think its where it should be tbh.  Missing this much of camp tends to lead to pulled hammy's and injuries.  The fact he had 340 carries last year usually leads to injury the next year or being much less effective.  He still is likely the workhorse fighting for a contract but I dont see him being as productive so going in the 30s makes sense IMO.  

Oh wow really? I was considering him at 15 haha. I know the workload concerns from past years are legit where guys may break down. Hopefully he has been working out

59 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Oh wow really? I was considering him at 15 haha. I know the workload concerns from past years are legit where guys may break down. Hopefully he has been working out

Jacobs was one I was low on before the hold out so I may be biased.  I just dont trust last year to be the regular and the wear and tear concerns.  I think he is a fine option in the 20s, I just would prefer to pass on him for others.  

12 team full 1.0 ppr.   can keep 1 player for max of 2x .  cost is 2 rounds higher than previous season draft slot (keeper cost)

Best options i have
ETN in round 8 (last year I could keep him)
Rachaad White round 9 (would be 1st time as a keeper)
Burrow round 4 (would be 1st time as a keeper)

with it being a 1 QB league, I don't see Burrow as being enough value to keep.  So I am down to ETN and White.  ETN is higher in ADP, but has Bigsby coming on and showing well.   White has a better hold of the backfield in TB, but not as good of offense.

Thinking ETN over White

Thoughts??

12 minutes ago, squire12 said:

12 team full 1.0 ppr.   can keep 1 player for max of 2x .  cost is 2 rounds higher than previous season draft slot (keeper cost)

Best options i have

with it being a 1 QB league, I don't see Burrow as being enough value to keep.  So I am down to ETN and White.  ETN is higher in ADP, but has Bigsby coming on and showing well.   White has a better hold of the backfield in TB, but not as good of offense.

Thinking ETN over White

Thoughts??

Pretty easily Etienne. Still the far more talented player, and in a much better offense. I'm not even sure that White is a good running back.

3 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Pretty easily Etienne. Still the far more talented player, and in a much better offense. I'm not even sure that White is a good running back.

Can't really disagree with you on this.  Any concern for Bigsby and the addition of Ridley to the passing game possibly limiting ETN usage?

18 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Can't really disagree with you on this.  Any concern for Bigsby and the addition of Ridley to the passing game possibly limiting ETN usage?

Etienne and he may split passing usage, but the Jags offense has a huge up arrow. Even a committee Etienne is probably better than White

• Like 1

10 hours ago, squire12 said:

Best options i have

Thinking ETN over White

Thoughts??

I think Etienne is the right choice, but I think you may be mad at yourself next year.  Thats like last year I had the choice between Deebo for a 6th or ARSB for an 8th and everyone told me I'd be foolish to keep ARSb because he had Jamo and Chark stealing targets.  Now I wish I had ARSB back. 

Last year White had 50 catches, meanwhile Fournette had 73 which means that offense is designed to check down with 125 catches (140 targets) to RB's.  Now that White is the lead back and more efficient last year than Fournette was, I see him having a huge year. 

Etienne had some great games and was more explosive but who knows if his usage last year is about what he can handle?  And what if Tank vultures the goal line carries.  And there are just a lot of mouths to feed in Jacksonville now.  I love what they are doing but still makes me nervous for Etienne's production fantasy wise. As I mentioned I think he is the right choice for now but you may be mad next year when you potentially would have been keeping White again.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

@Sllim Pickens Who are some of your value picks and main targets at each position? You seem to have a very good grasp on fantasy football.  

My biggest fault is I am an upside guy so I lean younger at most spots and at times leave trusty vets who don't have a high ceiling for youth who may flop as you might see by my later picks and targets. 

Early in drafts, the RBs I target are Bijan, Pollard, Gibbs, and if the value is right I like Barkley and Taylor. The RBs I like later are Rachaad White, James Cook, Kahlil Herbert, Rashaad Penny, Tank Bigsby, and for the cost, Zeke Elliot.  Zeke was one of the most efficient goal line backs last year and Stevenson was one of the least efficient so Zeke is very likely going to get a decent number of TDs this year.  He isnt a great starter but a solid #4 or 5 RB to have on your bench for bye weeks or injury fill ins.  A last round flier on Deuce Vaughn might be smart too just to see if he gets that #2 role in Dallas and has some late round value. 

WRs I like early are the obvious JJ, Chase, Hill, and then ARSB, AJ Brown, Lamb, Wilson, Waddle, Olave, and DeVontae.  I hope to come out of the third round with 3 guys from that early RB group or early WR group.  The guys I grab later ahead of their ADP are Drake London, Christian Watson, Rashee Rice, Courtland Sutton, Dionte Johnson, and Jonathan Mingo. I think all are going to out perform their slot and pass some of the guys being drafted ahead of them. 

TE I will grab Kelce if he is available after pick 4 but if I don't get him I usually punt the position and grab Okonkwo and Kmet later.  I love Laporta and Kincaid but rookie TEs just struggle in this league to be fantasy relevant. Kincaid has a better chance IMO but I can't trust them so I grab the two guys I mentioned who once they got situated last year, had just as good of a ppg as Hock and Andrews.  

QB I like to get one of the QBs from the group of Burrow, Herbert, Lawrence, and Fields.  I have Jackson in that mix but his injuries scare me and I hate being without a QB half the year.  If i can't land those guys I will typically take a high upside pick in Richardson but follow that up with Goff or Cousins or something that is safer week to week but not likely as big of weeks.  I think Rodgers and Russel Wilson are great value picks too as I see Russ bouncing back with a real coach and AR with a talented team around him.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

So with Zeke in NE, where is everyone drafting Rhamondre? The fact he can be had at an early 4th is very intriguing to me. Yes, Zeke being there isnt great but the offense overall should be better which should increase his touches and TD potential compared to last year. 

It’s not about the TDs with Rhomondre…it’s the catches….unless I’m not aware of some information regarding the Pats not using him on 3rd down.

4 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I think Etienne is the right choice, but I think you may be mad at yourself next year.  Thats like last year I had the choice between Deebo for a 6th or ARSB for an 8th and everyone told me I'd be foolish to keep ARSb because he had Jamo and Chark stealing targets.  Now I wish I had ARSB back. 

Last year White had 50 catches, meanwhile Fournette had 73 which means that offense is designed to check down with 125 catches (140 targets) to RB's.  Now that White is the lead back and more efficient last year than Fournette was, I see him having a huge year. 

Etienne had some great games and was more explosive but who knows if his usage last year is about what he can handle?  And what if Tank vultures the goal line carries.  And there are just a lot of mouths to feed in Jacksonville now.  I love what they are doing but still makes me nervous for Etienne's production fantasy wise. As I mentioned I think he is the right choice for now but you may be mad next year when you potentially would have been keeping White again.  

That falls in line with what I have been debating.  

54 minutes ago, AFF said:

It’s not about the TDs with Rhomondre…it’s the catches….unless I’m not aware of some information regarding the Pats not using him on 3rd down

Ok so I guess this is 1 of the few instances I failed to mention I play non-ppr in my home league which is where my questions come from. 

20 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Ok so I guess this is 1 of the few instances I failed to mention I play non-ppr in my home league which is where my questions come from. 

Yea that definitely drops his value.