Official Minor League and Amateur Baseball Thread

beekay414

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2023/07/reds-to-promote-christian-encarnacion-strand.html

CES is coming up totday.  Might be short lived once Newman is healthy or they may opt to leave him if he is hitting well and try and trade Newman or Senzel.  I am becoming a secondary Reds fan since I love watching teams build through their farm systems.  

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Adley Rutschman/Gunnar Henderson/Jackson Holliday is going to be the best trio in baseball for the next decade

It's going to be tough for the O's to trade all 3 of them to the same team, when they run out of team control.  

• Like 2

On 8/5/2023 at 10:30 PM, Ray Reed said:

Adley Rutschman/Gunnar Henderson/Jackson Holliday is going to be the best trio in baseball for the next decade

When do you think we will see him in the majors?  Acuna came up at 20 but had more time in the minors starting at 17 but if Holiday gets close to the 615 plate appearances as Acuna did in his year 19 season, he will have very comparable stats.  I am expecting at some time next year if he keeps this pace going.  

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

When do you think we will see him in the majors?  Acuna came up at 20 but had more time in the minors starting at 17 but if Holiday gets close to the 615 plate appearances as Acuna did in his year 19 season, he will have very comparable stats.  I am expecting at some time next year if he keeps this pace going.  

With what he’s done and how he’s progressed so far, id be shocked if he wasn’t up by late July/Early August next season.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of guys from this draft already having solid seasons.  Crews and Langford hitting well in A and A+.  Schanuel hitting well in AA but his power isn't showing up yet.  The Angels might try and rush him up like Neto if it can help keep Ohtani around.  Max Clark and Walker Jenkins both hitting well in rookie ball.  Kyle Teel is crushing A+ ball. The high school bats seem to be hitting in rookie ball pretty well. Not a lot of duds so far.  Even the ones with low average like Blake Mitchell and Houck have been patient and taking walks with OBP's above .400.  Definitely a great draft class and might see a few of these guys next year.