Marvel’s Secret Invasion (June 21)

Acgott

6 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

I love the MCU, but this series was watchable at best. The idea had potential but the execution was very poor and that last episode was rough 

Right?  The end scenes between Fury and his wife were longer that the final battle between.....

Spoiler

Gravik and Giah.

12 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

MCU still has time to clarify that Rhodes was captured at point X. Yes he was in a hospital gown, but that could easily be handwaved away as he just goes for a regular medical checkup due to his injury. We see him still struggling to walk when he's released, and it wasn't until I believe the Captain America/Winter Soldier series that he's walking in a more "normal" manner. I know at first blush it looks bad, but after hearing further discussion on it from consumers...and the fact that Marvel will be aware of the blowback following the finale, they'll certainly due some damage control sooner rather than later. No way was Rhodes just a Skrull named Rava through all of those important emotional moments in the MCU. Gravik was still on Fury's side up until not too long ago. So it all just wouldn't make sense. 

Anyway, the finale was a bit of a letdown overall. Started out strong, like a lot of these series, but just couldn't stick the landing. That being said, I am interesting in the fallout, especially with President Ritson declaring a national witchhunt on all species not from planet Earth. That was pretty nutty, and what does that mean for people like the Asgardains that have taken refuge??? 

In a strange way this did make me want to read Empyre again, and The OG Kree/Skull mini arc from the Avengers comics. Because I was hoping for more of a spotlight conflict between the Kree, and the Skrulls with Earth caught in the middle. But we don't get that. They went more toward Secret Invasion as the title suggested, and it just...ehhh...didn't live up to the hype. Not holding my breath, but maybe The Marvels will give me the buzz I was looking for in a story involving the Kree, and Skrulls. 

I'd say based on the fack Gravik was working for Fury after Endgame, he probably didn't go full on into the replacement program until afterwards. Easy to explain the gown from any other doctor visit Rhodey might have needed. 

On 7/29/2023 at 10:35 PM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

MCU still has time to clarify that Rhodes was captured at point X. Yes he was in a hospital gown, but that could easily be handwaved away as he just goes for a regular medical checkup due to his injury. We see him still struggling to walk when he's released, and it wasn't until I believe the Captain America/Winter Soldier series that he's walking in a more "normal" manner. I know at first blush it looks bad, but after hearing further discussion on it from consumers...and the fact that Marvel will be aware of the blowback following the finale, they'll certainly due some damage control sooner rather than later. No way was Rhodes just a Skrull named Rava through all of those important emotional moments in the MCU. Gravik was still on Fury's side up until not too long ago. So it all just wouldn't make sense. 

Anyway, the finale was a bit of a letdown overall. Started out strong, like a lot of these series, but just couldn't stick the landing. That being said, I am interesting in the fallout, especially with President Ritson declaring a national witchhunt on all species not from planet Earth. That was pretty nutty, and what does that mean for people like the Asgardains that have taken refuge??? 

In a strange way this did make me want to read Empyre again, and The OG Kree/Skull mini arc from the Avengers comics. Because I was hoping for more of a spotlight conflict between the Kree, and the Skrulls with Earth caught in the middle. But we don't get that. They went more toward Secret Invasion as the title suggested, and it just...ehhh...didn't live up to the hype. Not holding my breath, but maybe The Marvels will give me the buzz I was looking for in a story involving the Kree, and Skrulls. 

Could just be post Endgame battle, he did have the avengers campus fall on him more or less.