Marvel’s Secret Invasion (June 21)

Acgott

On 6/21/2023 at 6:28 AM, Fresh Prince said:

I liked multiverse of madness. Don’t see the hate for it.

I didnt hate it, but it certainly was in the bottom half of MCU movies IMO, and thats the problem.   The MCU hasnt had a movie thats widely considered one of the better MCU films since Endgame except perhaps No Way Home, which doesnt mean much since 1) Spiderman is an insanely popular character. 2) he is a holdover of the "pre Endgame" Avengers, and 3) most of their newer characters and movies arent resonating with fans. 

The MCU, much like Disney as a whole, are surviving entirely based on past successes, which is why I have little faith the MCU will get better.   They arent interested in entertaining people.   They have other goals.    Theyve ruined Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Pixar as a whole, tarnished a ton of great animated movies with lame live action remakes, and the MCU is next on the list.   

Their best bet in winning fans over is XMen, but I am confident they will ruin that too.   

Fantastic Four will bomb again...of that I have zero doubt.

26 minutes ago, 43M said:

The MCU hasnt had a movie thats widely considered one of the better MCU films since Endgame except perhaps No Way Home, which doesnt mean much since 1) Spiderman is an insanely popular character. 2) he is a holdover of the "pre Endgame" Avengers, and 3) most of their newer characters and movies arent resonating with fans.

Guardians 3 is in my top 5, loved that one.

• Like 2

I was up and down on this first episode.  I enjoyed Fury's spycraft aspects but most of the stuff with the Skrulls didn't land for me, but it did establish quite a lot and more of that backstory needs to (and probably will) be filled in.  The ending did grab me because we have at least established some stakes in this show.

50 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Guardians 3 is in my top 5, loved that one.

Didn't see that one, but Ive heard good things.

But again...part of the old guard and from what I understand, done in the MCU.

This episode setup a lot, which I liked, I think compared to some, it needed it more to get us on the page with the two Skrull groups. I think it offered and interesting story going forward and some questions, I just want more questions, oddly enough, with this one, because it is a spy show, I want to wonder about more, which might be happening in future episodes now that the base is set.

Enjoyed the first episode. Shocked that they eliminated Hill like that. Time to bring in Abigail Brandt.

First big question is with Everett Ross being a Skrull, when was he captured. They can do a lot of damage in a lot of different areas including wakanda.

44 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Enjoyed the first episode. Shocked that they eliminated Hill like that. Time to bring in Abigail Brandt.

First big question is with Everett Ross being a Skrull, when was he captured. They can do a lot of damage in a lot of different areas including wakanda.

I'm guessing this was the first appearance of Skrull Ross, and everything we saw before was real Ross, and real Ross is likely still out here.

19 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm guessing this was the first appearance of Skrull Ross, and everything we saw before was real Ross, and real Ross is likely still out here.

Real Ross is alive, but captured. Skrull Ross had insider information he likely got from the mind melt.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Real Ross is alive, but captured. Skrull Ross had insider information he likely got from the mind melt.

20 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

I'm wondering if first appearance of Skrull Ross was when he got broken out the van at the end of Wakanda Forever. Is Val a Skrull and did she swap him out there to get close to Wakanda?

I thought yesterday's episode was strong. I liked it better. And it left some interesting questions. I would say it's a step up from the first one and wild end for sure. Now I have questions if a main MCU character, or at least a consistently on screen one is a Skrull, at least now.

https://www.slashfilm.com/1326279/why-does-secret-invasion-have-worst-ratings-mcu-show-an-investigation/ 

"Secret Invasion," the latest chapter in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, has arrived — with a whimper. According to Samba TV (a technology firm specializing in television audience analytics), the viewership for the "Secret Invasion" premiere during its first five days of release (June 21-25) was 994 thousand. This is the second worst showing for an MCU show on Disney+, ahead of only "Ms. Marvel" at 775 thousand.

Samba TV has tracked all the previous MCU Disney+ premieres with the same metrics. "Loki" had by far the largest audience, with 2.5 million viewers during its first five days. This makes sense; Tom Hiddleston's Loki has always been a fan favorite (particularly a fangirl favorite). After Loki's seeming death in "Avengers: Infinity War," these fans were eager to see more of the God of Mischief.