Draft prediction thread

Kiwibrown

Predict  

20 members have voted

1. 1. With our first pick we...

2. 2. More or less number of picks

3. 3. Draft day trades

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh my bad, I misunderstood the point you were trying to make.  I thought you were saying that indicates “he simply can’t resist them”.  You’re right there, he has drafted those guys. 

The rest of the points I made are correct though, he’s invested more heavily in multiple other positions. 

We have a different definition of investment. My point is that whatever few high-ish picks we have, we have prioritized that via the draft the last two years. I don’t subscribe to more later round picks being a viable priority or investment.

Clearly he has gone all in on the quarterback per my last comment, same with receivers with trades via Cooper and Moore.

I am differentiating between the draft and trades here.

Are we really going to sit here and pretend that since we signed Bryan, drafted Tommy Togiai, and signed Tomlinson with some mid to late round reaches and fliers on guys like Alex Wright and Winfrey we have really “invested” in the DL?

I view investment in what SF did with like 3-5 first round picks on the DL and big time free agent blue chip signings.

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

We have a different definition of investment. My point is that whatever few high-ish picks we have, we have prioritized that via the draft the last two years. I don’t subscribe to more later round picks being a viable priority or investment.

You’re contradicting yourself. See below. 

But also, you’re simply framing the argument to fit your stance. You may not value later round picks but the team clearly does as does pretty much every team in the league.

”if you exclude free agents, trades, resigning your own players and picks before 20 and after 70 he sure has a thing for corners”

Clearly he has gone all in on the quarterback per my last comment, same with receivers with trades via Cooper and Moore.

I am differentiating between the draft and trades here.

Ok, draft only.  

Picks by position

CB: 26, 68

OL: 10, 110, 160, 246.  This is more draft value than CB by any draft chart.

QB: 3 firsts, it’s not even a discussion 

LB: 52, 97, 153. Less draft value than CB, but not a significant amount.  Especially when you frame one as something he can’t pass up vs something he fails to address. 

WR: 42, 91, 99, 155, 187, 202 (with a couple lesser picks coming back)

If you want to disregard trades of picks fine, but I’m not sure why.

Are we really going to sit here and pretend that since we signed Bryan, drafted Tommy Togiai, and signed Tomlinson with some mid to late round reaches and fliers on guys like Alex Wright and Winfrey we have really “invested” in the DL?

Emerson is an investment but Wright is a flier despite being taken 10 picks apart in the same draft?

I view investment in what SF did with like 3-5 first round picks on the DL and big time free agent blue chip signings.

I don’t think anyone is arguing that, but I’m not sure that’s a reasonable floor.  “To really invest in a position you need to match what the team who’s invested more than any other team in the league has”.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is the “I got bumped into the next tax bracket” all over again…

Getting bumped from 12% to 22% sucks for some of us.

But, feel free to sick the discord gang on me again, that was fun.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Getting bumped from 12% to 22% sucks for some of us.

This remains not an actual thing.  You’re quadrupling down on not understanding a graduated tax rate system.

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

But, feel free to sick the discord gang on me again, that was fun.

Oh buddy, I didn’t sick anyone on you.  I just verified you were incorrect with the CPA and others felt like commenting. 

I don’t need anyone else to make my points for me. 

This remains not an actual thing.  You’re quadrupling down on not understanding a graduated tax rate system.

The income I earned to bump me into the 22% was taxed at that rate.

Oh buddy, I didn’t sick anyone on you.  I just verified you were incorrect with the CPA and others felt like commenting. 

I don’t need anyone else to make my points for me. 

:) 

Just now, MWil23 said:

The income I earned to bump me into the 22% was taxed at that rate.

:) 

Correct, and if you came up $2k short at tax time the issue wasn’t “getting bumped into the next tax bracket” it was withholding the incorrect amount of taxes.  

Those aren’t the same thing.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Correct, and if you came up $2k short at tax time the issue wasn’t “getting bumped into the next tax bracket” it was withholding the incorrect amount of taxes.  

Those aren’t the same thing.

I wasn’t “short” because I don’t claim a defendant at all on my W4. My return was that amount less per various reasons such as expiring tax credits on children/dependents and missing out on the extra income I normally would have gotten back at the 12% rate.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No worries, I don’t take this seriously. 

Hope your week improves my guy. 

Thanks. I think it’ll improve when the paperwork comes through and I can move on. Abandon ship, the Titanic struck the iceberg.

• Like 1