Draft prediction thread

Kiwibrown

Predict  

20 members have voted

1. 1. With our first pick we...

2. 2. More or less number of picks

3. 3. Draft day trades

Not saying this is who Berry should pick, but who Berry will pick: Clark Phillips, CB, Utah. We want to be a base nickel defense.

I think Berry wants another vet DT, so we won’t draft one.

I think Berry at some point drafts a WR with 4.3 speed that can play special teams.

Edited by candyman93

43 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Berry’s first pick will be a corner because he just can’t resist them.

Where is this narrative coming from?  He’s drafted 2 in 3 years.

He’s drafted twice as many OL and WR, more LBs and DTs, the same number of RB, DE and S.

The idea he’s infatuated with corners exists only in your head lol 

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Where is this narrative coming from?  He’s drafted 2 in 3 years.

He’s drafted twice as many OL and WR, more LBs and DTs, the same number of RB, DE and S.

The idea he’s infatuated with corners exists only in your head lol 

Considering his first pick has been corner the last two years, forgive me for not weighing all draft picks equally. It’s not in my head, that’s a fact.

19 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Considering his first pick has been corner the last two years, forgive me for not weighing all draft picks equally. It’s not in my head, that’s a fact.

lmao just saying “it’s not in my heads that’s a fact” does not make it so.  That is in fact a fact btw.

He’s drafted twice and many OL, drafted an OT in the top 10 and signed both guards to notable extensions, signed a high dollar FA tackle and then resigned him to a notable extension as well as signing and resigning a FA C.  If you wanted to say “he just can’t pass up an OL” I could understand it.  

You rail on about his lack of investment in linebacker but he’s drafted more of those with JOK being taken like 20 picks after Newsome (ie a high pick that’s supposed to be weighted differently) and Phillips taken in the same round as Emerson. 

Im not sure how spending a pick in the 20’s and a 3rd rounder in 3 years indicates an inability to pass on anything.  What team doesn’t invest in corners?  Is anyone just trotting a bunch of day 3 picks out there?

This is some delusional stance you’ve formed arguing with yourself in the shower or something.  You’re letting your hate for AB skew basic stuff tbh and there’s really no reason if all you want to do is complain as there are legitimate points to be made in other areas.

And I’m not even saying he won’t take a corner, probably will and should based on the corner class and where we’re gonna be picking.

• Like 1

Hot take:

Who cares who we take? We went all in with Watson and mortgaged the future with 3 1sts and change with a quarter of a billion dollars guaranteed and no outs until 2026-2027. The draft is almost completely irrelevant until 2025. If Watson balls out then it’s great. If he’s less than elite to great, it’s an all time bad trade and he goes down in history as a complete meme and never gets a job again as a GM, as should be the case.

Edited by MWil23

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Me: He has taken a corner with his first pick the past two years, that’s a fact

LGB: Lol no that’s not a fact, that’s a fact

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Oh my bad, I misunderstood the point you were trying to make.  I thought you were saying that indicates “he simply can’t resist them”.  You’re right there, he has drafted those guys. 

The rest of the points I made are correct though, he’s invested more heavily in multiple other positions.