WEEK 13 GDT: WE'RE ON TO DETROIT

paraven

16 minutes ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Is it possible for one WR to make an entire offense suck?

Apparently it is when that one WR is being force fed the ball, getting thrown to on critical downs and failing to catch the ball, or catching the ball and then immediately turning it over. Chris Moore and Campanaro might not be all that good, but they provide a hell of a lot more to the team than Perriman ever could.

9 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

i'll give credit to MM for actually calling a good game. Humphrey will learn the hard way the next games, hopefully DP will understand it may be beneficial to give your 21y old rookie some help. good to have a deep secondary this year.

weekly MVP to Suggs again. rallying the guys on the sideline only to follow it up w/ a sack the next play... kudos.

it wasn't MM, joe was just dropping balls perfectly into the receivers hands and making good decisions today. OL looked the best it has all season too.

3 minutes ago, RavensDefense3 said:

it wasn't MM, joe was just dropping balls perfectly into the receivers hands and making good decisions today. OL looked the best it has all season too.

Got to give credit where credit is due. MM, from my perspective, did actually switch up the game plan. Called a lot more crossing routes and underneath routes to allow for higher percentage throws. Also had a nice balance of run and pass plays on the day, utilizing all 3 runningbacks. And the staff saw the tape on Detroit and knew exactly what play to call as soon as they got to the goal line; scored easily each time. Joe really opened up the offense by connecting on the deep throw to Wallace and the offensive line gave him enough time today to really allow the passing game to excel. Everyone deserves cudos on the day.

Just now, berlin calling said:

flacco throwing receivers open and hitting them in stride certainly helped, i agree.

But that is to be expected of a 20 million QB, right?

I truly enjoyed the significant improvement in offensive play calling by MM. It’s still a too simple offense, but proper play calling and January-Joe can make it look decent.

Defensively, I also think we should give Pees credit this year. We currently have the best D in the entire league and people on this board is still hating on Pees. He’s not the perfect DC but the players are executing and after all put in a position to succeed.

With a decent offense, this defense is good enough to play a significant role in playoffs!

As far as the injury to Smith, I agree that we are A LOT better equipped to deal with the injury this year than in previous years. Just consider that Jaylen Hill, captain of #teampreseason has been a healthy scratch for the past few weeks simply because we have TOO many good corners on the team. He should be able to come in and immediately help fill the void left by Jimmy, or at least the hobbled Jimmy that had been on the field for the past two weeks. You could tell something was off in the Houston game where Hopkins was just eating Jimmy's lunch all day, add in the fact that Jimmy had not practiced all week leading up to this game, and it's no so surprise what occurred today. Hopefully Pees continues to be aggressive with the playcalling, as that's probably the best way to help our young corners, as opposed to trying to roll coverage over the top to their side.

2 minutes ago, Rein said:

But that is to be expected of a 20 million QB, right?

I truly enjoyed the significant improvement in offensive play calling by MM. It’s still a too simple offense, but proper play calling and January-Joe can make it look decent.

Defensively, I also think we should give Pees credit this year. We currently have the best D in the entire league and people on this board is still hating on Pees. He’s not the perfect DC but the players are executing and after all put in a position to succeed.

With a decent offense, this defense is good enough to play a significant role in playoffs!

Maybe we're just greedy or maybe we've been spoiled by such tremendous defenses throughout the years, but I feel anyone who has watched the Baltimore Ravens over the course of their history has some ability to properly evaluate a quality defense. No doubt Pees has done a surprisingly good job this year and the results speak for themselves, but given all the talent on defense, it's hard to say a more innovative play caller wouldn't have this defense playing at near historic levels.

32 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Am I in the minority in saying that maybe our CB core is better off without a hobbled Jimmy Smith eating snaps from Marlon Humphrey? The last two weeks, Smith has been almost a liability on the field since he can hardly move. Does anyone else agree or am I just crazy?

nope i agree with you, i said i last week , we needed to put marlon on hopkins ( i didnt know he was hurt). the rook has earned playing time and its next man up

42 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Am I in the minority in saying that maybe our CB core is better off without a hobbled Jimmy Smith eating snaps from Marlon Humphrey? The last two weeks, Smith has been almost a liability on the field since he can hardly move. Does anyone else agree or am I just crazy?

See post above. :P

10 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Phew, good to know I'm not crazy in that line of thinking.

Also, along those same lines, I would very much like if Webb didn't see any more playing time in the slot. Or at CB. Like...none.

yea the dude is toast.. im ok with him at FS but not as CB.. 

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Got to give credit where credit is due. MM, from my perspective, did actually switch up the game plan. Called a lot more crossing routes and underneath routes to allow for higher percentage throws. Also had a nice balance of run and pass plays on the day, utilizing all 3 runningbacks. And the staff saw the tape on Detroit and knew exactly what play to call as soon as they got to the goal line; scored easily each time. Joe really opened up the offense by connecting on the deep throw to Wallace and the offensive line gave him enough time today to really allow the passing game to excel. Everyone deserves cudos on the day.

I think people dissected the game against the Texans too closely. Of course it was going to be very conservative against Tom Savage. It was predictably more aggressive today. Execution was there today.

I'd also rather have Jimmy Smith on the field. It's definitely a significant blow. I just believe it's LESS significant as it has been in the past.

Apparently a 6-5 playoff contender convincingly beating a 6-5 playoff contender isn't worth touching more than a split second in the football recap shows. Nothing significant about this result. So much for not beating a real QB being the reason no one takes the Ravens seriously. We lost a key player for the 15th time this season, so THIS one will finally kill us I'm sure. 

Archived