Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I mean they made a comeback vs the Eagles but we down big for much of the game. I get what you're saying but they also had a negative point differential last season despite their 13-4 record...They are average at best and likely a below average team. The moves they made this offseason showed that they realized they weren't a SB caliber team. I don't think you need to move Cousins at the deadline as starting QBs hardly ever get moved at the deadline, especially one as good as Cousins. 

Definitely some regression there. They were worse than their record last year; might end up being better than their record this year. Could see them ultimately finishing something like 7-10

I just wonder if by midseason or sooner, the Vikings will be ready to give up on 2023 while the Jets are still trying to salvage it. This is assuming the Vikings don't want to re-sign Cousins in the offseason

Edited by 49ersfan

9 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I said that I thought Houston got the best QB and best player in the daft this year during the draft and I stand by that. This team is going to be a fun one to watch. I think Demeco is set up very well.

I don't quite trust Stroud yet, but I agree about Demeco and the Will Anderson.  Stroud has a lot of tools though.  

I was watching Minshew get eaten up by unblocked guys around the edge.  They are picking it up as well as the design allows, he is shuffling to the opposite side, but he is just eating the ball.  It really makes me appreciate Purdy and his decision making.  I might switch games after the 1st quarter. 

I usually watch Dolphins, Jets, or Texans but I thought I was watching too much of one scheme, lol.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420

I had Richardson, Haener, and O'Connel as dudes.   

It's not that there is anything wrong with Stroud, but I constantly get burned by Ohio State QB's.  They seem like they use their eyes and throw with anticipation and accuracy while in college, then completely lose those traits when they come into the league.  I like Stroud's accuracy though, good touch, solid throwing motion. 

1 hour ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

I had Richardson, Haener, and O'Connel as dudes.   

It's not that there is anything wrong with Stroud, but I constantly get burned by Ohio State QB's.  They seem like they use their eyes and throw with anticipation and accuracy while in college, then completely lose those traits when they come into the league.  I like Stroud's accuracy though, good touch, solid throwing motion. 

I thought Fields could be a Deshaun Watson type guy, but so far that isn’t looking great. I wasn’t a big fan of Haskins. 

2 hours ago, adamq said:

Would you rather Moody with a 3rd round pick or Matt Gay for that big contract? 4/22.5m, 13.5 guaranteed 

Big contract is relative. That's basically what we pay our fullback lol. 

Typically I'd pay a good, vet kicker that kind of contract before I'd pay a fullback that money

• Like 1

Mckivitz will be in the spotlight in two weeks. It's clear we are going to want to run the ball against Dallas and I don't think mckivitz is nearly as strong in the run game as the rest of our line. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Mckivitz will be in the spotlight in two weeks. It's clear we are going to want to run the ball against Dallas and I don't think mckivitz is nearly as strong in the run game as the rest of our line. 

Man I really hope Arizona holds on to beat Dallas. I don’t have my Niners to root for, so this is the next best thing.

• Like 1