Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

Shower thought...would you rather have Brock Purdy or C.J. Stroud as triggerman in this 49ers offense??? Stroud has barely played, but what he's doing with a first year head coach, and playcaller with an inexperienced cast is pretty remarkable. Bigger sample size with Purdy though, even if it's still small itself. Hmm...

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

2 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Shower thought...would you rather have Brock Purdy or C.J. Stroud as triggerman in this 49ers offense??? Stroud has barely played, but what he's doing with a first year head coach, and playcaller with an inexperienced cast is pretty remarkable. Bigger sample size with Purdy though, even if it's still small itself. Hmm...

CJ, for the upside, but there are enough pros with Brock to make me feel like he's a little bit safer of an option for right now.  Either is fine, but forced to pick, CJ. 

Edited by OkeyDoke21
  • Like 2

With the trade deadline coming up, does anyone think there’s anyone realistically we may trade for? I know Surtain is a dream pick up, but I assume we are hoping Luter will be someone we can use for depth, but I would like to get an additional pass rusher.

We have too many picks so unless we trade up in the draft, now is the time to use one or two of them. 

CJ Stroud 94/151 (62.3) 1212 6td 0int 100.6
Brock Purdy 81/112 (72.3) 1019 5td 0int 115.1 (2 rush tds)

Dude is doing nearly the exact same thing Purdy is but instead of having CMC, Kittle , Deebo, Aiyuk he's doing it with guys named Nico Collins, Robert Woods, and Dalton Schultz anda team with a fraction of the talent... and he's a rookie! 

I'll take CJ Stroud all day. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Wow, didn't think it was this bad that they'd trade JC Jackson, but good for the Pats to get him back, but I wouldn't want to pay that contract, glad the 49ers stood pat, need our cap room for our own players next year.

On 10/4/2023 at 6:32 AM, 49erscap said:

ehh, too expensive, if he gets released, then sure, but here's his deal.

Just too high for 2024. & 2023 too, $13M in 2023 base salary, we'd take on a lot of that, not worth it IMO.

https://overthecap.com/player/randy-gregory/3908

I agree.  The 9ers will bring in contracts like that, but only if they know the player is clearly as good or better than the guys they have.  Watching Jackson struggle while getting paid more than Ward would have a negative affect on the locker room.  

Three examples are Ward, Hargrave, and McC.  All three make good money, but there is no question they earn it.