Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

-We lose to the Browns playing their 3rd string QB. Although he might be the best QB on the Browns - DTR was awful, Watson has been bad 

-Eagles lose to the Jets playing their opening day backup Zach Wilson

-Bills currently losing 6-0 to the Giants playing their backup Tyrod Taylor (10 mins left in 3rd quarter as of this post) 

Today is just a topsy turvy day in the NFL lol 

13 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

-We lose to the Browns playing their 3rd string QB. Although he might be the best QB on the Browns - DTR was awful, Watson has been bad 

-Eagles lose to the Jets playing their opening day backup Zach Wilson

-Bills currently losing 6-0 to the Giants playing their backup Tyrod Taylor (10 mins left in 3rd quarter as of this post) 

Today is just a topsy turvy day in the NFL lol 

There's always that one week each season where the heavy favorites and top-tier teams lose to bad teams. Any given Sunday.

Justin Herbert was inaccurate all night against the Cowboys, and really cost the Chargers. And he was in his own house without weather conditions being a hinderance. The trigger-jitters can happen to even the most arm-talented yahoos out there.

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe

7 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Justin Herbert was inaccurate all night against the Cowboys, and really cost the Chargers. And he was in his own house without weather conditions being a hinderance. The trigger-jitters can happen to even the most arm-talented yahoos out there.

Curious if the fingers are bothering him. They were on his non passing hand, so I assumed he would be okay

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

Curious if the fingers are bothering him. They were on his non passing hand, so I assumed he would be okay

I think he also got whacked in the head in the 2nd quarter in addition to being under duress all night. So to be fair, there were other factors, but Herbert was in a funk indeed. 

Anyone watching Baltimore Detroit.  I think the Lions guy sliding in to the return man was the least intentional foul I have ever seen.

Intentional grounding and illegal contact.  This is some weird form of zeebra ball.  I think they might call a false start on all 11 offensive players for starting at the exact same time.

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420

43 minutes ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Anyone watching Baltimore Detroit.  I think the Lions guy sliding in to the return man was the least intentional foul I have ever seen.

Intentional grounding and illegal contact.  This is some weird form of zeebra ball.  I think they might call a false start on all 11 offensive players for starting at the exact same time.

My biggest concern for Detroit is what they do on the road. Big game for me for them, and they came out so flat

2 minutes ago, AustrianNiner said:

Was about to say that. Colts already more big plays than we had the entire game.

On the other hand, I stand even more resolute in my opinion that Detroit needs home field

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

On the other hand, I stand even more resolute in my opinion that Detroit needs home field

Goff just looks like a different player on the road

& all I can figure when it comes to the Browns/Colts (not watching that one), they came in super focused and ready for SF. Maybe took Minshew and the Colts for granted and didn't come quite as prepared. I wonder if the defense starts to clamp down in the 2nd half

6 minutes ago, adamq said:

Goff just looks like a different player on the road

The weird thing is that there was a long stretch for the Rams where home / road wasn't an issue. He got to Detroit his splits are very, very real. His numbers last year look even worse when you consider the numbers he put up in that carolina game. 

When you throw in a good defense as well? I'm concerned. I mean, last year he had back to back weeks against good defenses New England and Dallas and the results were awful. So I really wanted to see what this game looked like because Baltimore is a really good d 

• Like 1

Garrett destroying the Colts single-handedly makes William's performance on a bum ankle look more impressive. Garrett played well but not this well

Browns were definitely hyped last week, i mean they copied our walkout to troll us. Even then it took 2 missed field goals and bad weather conditions (equalizer against good teams) for them to win by 2 points. Browns missed a FG too so if both teams made their FG's and nothing else changed, we would have won 23-22 after all that