Around the NFL: 2023

GW21

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Bills had their shots but the Eagles did what they do best. 

Bills are like the best 6-6 team of all time lol. 

I'm not disappointed that the Eagles won b/c I think the Niners have a better chance of beating the Eagles next week with them coming off a win as opposed to facing an angry Eagles team. The Eagles are flawed and if the Niners can get near and wrap up & bring down Jalen Hurts they can beat them. I'm just worried about the Eagles defense e.g. the pass rush getting to Brock.

37 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I said at the time, and I get that in the moment, you're just trying ot make a play, but that Bills defender should have let Zaccheaus catch the ball and tackled him for a loss instead of making the PD.

If the punt unit has to scramble and run out onto the field to set up for a 60+ FG, that kick becomes sooooo much more harder.

I suppose so, but in those conditions that should have been a miss anyway. Just bad luck for the Bills there. But they were already choking the game away before that point so whatever. 

48 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

I'm not disappointed that the Eagles won b/c I think the Niners have a better chance of beating the Eagles next week with them coming off a win as opposed to facing an angry Eagles team. The Eagles are flawed and if the Niners can get near and wrap up & bring down Jalen Hurts they can beat them. I'm just worried about the Eagles defense e.g. the pass rush getting to Brock.

I don't think there is much to that theory to be honest. I mean we lost and then lost again and then lost once more lol. Eagles are a tough team because of their DL and OL but are flawed enough to take advantage of some of their deficiencies. The problem is they can take advantage of our mediocre OL so Purdy will not have as much time as Dak or Allen had against them. 

And let's see how Purdy throws the ball in those less than ideal weather conditions. 

• Like 1

I'd say the 1 seed is still in play(contingent on a win next week, of course). The Cowboys are unbeaten at home and nearly beat the Eagles in Philly last time they played, and given their tendency to play down to their competition the Seahawks in Seattle could be a potential trap game for them as well, especially since they might be desperate to correct a losing streak by that point. Aside from the Eagles, the Ravens are our toughest test on the schedule, but at least that game is at home. I think we should be able to beat the Seahawks at home, Cards, Rams, and Commanders.

Would I count on the cards playing out all in our favor like this? Absolutely not. But at least for the next week, don't think the path is closed just quite yet. And if we can beat them in Philly now, that would make me some confidence we can do it again in January, anyways

37 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I don't think there is much to that theory to be honest. I mean we lost and then lost again and then lost once more lol. Eagles are a tough team because of their DL and OL but are flawed enough to take advantage of some of their deficiencies. The problem is they can take advantage of our mediocre OL so Purdy will not have as much time as Dak or Allen had against them. 

And let's see how Purdy throws the ball in those less than ideal weather conditions. 

I feel that the Eagles are long overdue for a loss since they've been living dangerously in their last few wins and it has to catch up to them at some point. The reason why the Bills offense had success against the Eagles defense was b/c of Josh Allen's mobility as he's impossible to sack and hard to bring down in the open field. Brock doesn't have that capability as the Eagles will get near him if they have to throw it more than they would like. The Eagles run defense stopping the Niners run game and bringing up 3rd & longs is what can really de-rerail the Niners offense.

If the Niners defense wants to be considered truly elite they'll need to pressure Jalen Hurts with just 4 and get home & bring him down. Hurt's is hobbling and thus need to keep him inside the pocket and make him beat you with throws from the pocket as he'll wear down if asks to do that for the course of the whole game. 

27 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

I'd say the 1 seed is still in play(contingent on a win next week, of course). The Cowboys are unbeaten at home and nearly beat the Eagles in Philly last time they played, and given their tendency to play down to their competition the Seahawks in Seattle could be a potential trap game for them as well, especially since they might be desperate to correct a losing streak by that point. Aside from the Eagles, the Ravens are our toughest test on the schedule, but at least that game is at home. I think we should be able to beat the Seahawks at home, Cards, Rams, and Commanders.

Would I count on the cards playing out all in our favor like this? Absolutely not. But at least for the next week, don't think the path is closed just quite yet. And if we can beat them in Philly now, that would make me some confidence we can do it again in January, anyways

Even if they can't get the #1 seed then they need to not drop out of the #2 seed b/c there's a chance someone like Dallas can go into Philly and upset them in Jan and the Niners can host the NFC title game if they get that far. 

If the Niners win at Philly and somehow find a way to win out they'll get the #1 seed b/c Philly will most likely drop the game at Dallas. But I don't see the Niners beating the Ravens at Christmas.

1 hour ago, NFL Network said:

I feel that the Eagles are long overdue for a loss since they've been living dangerously in their last few wins and it has to catch up to them at some point. The reason why the Bills offense had success against the Eagles defense was b/c of Josh Allen's mobility as he's impossible to sack and hard to bring down in the open field. Brock doesn't have that capability as the Eagles will get near him if they have to throw it more than they would like. The Eagles run defense stopping the Niners run game and bringing up 3rd & longs is what can really de-rerail the Niners offense.

If the Niners defense wants to be considered truly elite they'll need to pressure Jalen Hurts with just 4 and get home & bring him down. Hurt's is hobbling and thus need to keep him inside the pocket and make him beat you with throws from the pocket as he'll wear down if asks to do that for the course of the whole game. 

I mean they are playing a tough schedule so they will be in a lot of close games. They are average degensively and that's why they look beatable. I'm guessing Lane Johnson plays next week so the Eagles OL will be a tall task to deal with. But we have built our defense off our DL so time for them to show up and dominate. 

Purdy is mobile enough but I'm more concerned with how he throws in the windy/rainy conditions. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Panthers fire reich

I don’t know how real the divide between the FO/Owner and staff was on the quarterback, but man does it feel real. And giving up DJ Moore in that trade package seems like a way to put your young guy in an unfairly poor situation. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrissooner49er said:

That was too soon. The Panthers just aren't good and need a lot of time and talent to improve. 

I'm not a Reich supporter....I think he's kind of just a dude as a head coach.....but I agree that this is way too soon. This kind of rapid turnover gets you nowhere as an organization. 

• Like 2