Devin White requests a trade

ravishingone

7 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Well, this is something.  

I'm fine with it. He's not worth the money he's going to likely command. 

Heard some talking that New England might be landing spot. BB loves the blitzing middle LB's and they have the cap space.

@BucsDraftGeek47Devin White for Mac Jones and a pick? 😁🤣. There is already that rumor out there.

• Like 1

Honestly not shocked, don't think we were ever going to pay him what he thinks he's worth.  I think we try and trade him for whatever you can get and go get someone like Jaylon Smith on a 1 year and just move on.  Not many names out there but unless you can swing a trade for another off ball linebacker but really would prefer the stop gap because in all reality we were going to be looking for both ILB positions in the next year or 2 anyways.

3 hours ago, kgarrett12486 said:

@BucsDraftGeek47Devin White for Mac Jones and a pick? 😁🤣. There is already that rumor out there.

Gtfo lol definitely still a no from me for anything Mac related

By all means though Devin, if you want out I'd love to get a high pick. We could  then sign an underrated guy like Drew Tranquill to play in the middle for us as well as probably draft someone 

Maybe @RedandPewterReturns will get his Devin trade wish afterall 

I don't have an issue with a player wanting to get paid.  The 5th yr option is just another form of the franchise tag. As far as his contribution to the team, he helped them win a SB.  

I do believe it is best they trade him.  If he plays well, there is no guarantee they come to an agreement after next season.  Use the franchise tag?

Trade him now and recoup a draft pick.  Licht has drafted off ball LB pretty well.  No need to let this drag out.

On 4/11/2023 at 6:15 PM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Gtfo lol definitely still a no from me for anything Mac related

By all means though Devin, if you want out I'd love to get a high pick. We could  then sign an underrated guy like Drew Tranquill to play in the middle for us as well as probably draft someone 

Maybe @RedandPewterReturns will get his Devin trade wish afterall 

HE HE HE I hope so. 

I don't dislike Devin White but honestly - you can find off ball LB's in the draft. Heck TJ Edwards was just signed to an affordable deal to the point - White is easily replaceable. I just wish we were able to unload him last year to be honest. With Devin, i'm sick of seeing "flashes" after 4 years. After he quit in that ravens game , it was time to move him then. 

List of Suitors may be the Bills who might go all in to make a run. Steelers and Giants also come to mind. I think a 3rd round pick and conditional day 3 pick that can morph into a 3rd next year could get the job done to a contender. 

19 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I don't have an issue with a player wanting to get paid.  The 5th yr option is just another form of the franchise tag. As far as his contribution to the team, he helped them win a SB.  

I do believe it is best they trade him.  If he plays well, there is no guarantee they come to an agreement after next season.  Use the franchise tag?

Trade him now and recoup a draft pick.  Licht has drafted off ball LB pretty well.  No need to let this drag out.

I'm for a guy wanting to get paid, but Devin wants an absurd amount and he's not even the best ILB on our team lol. He hasn't even graded out to be a top 12 off ball LB through 4 years where he received average to below average grades. The splash plays are exciting but he's as inconsistent or more inconsistent than Jameis winston playing QB. 

Devin White asking for 22MM a year to be the top paid LB is like an average to below average performing employee consistently asking to be paid 30% more 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, indifference said:

Another top 5 pick Licht invested in that’ll probably not on the team. 

he better nail the draft this year.

My assessment of Licht is still up and down. He tanked the 2021 draft big time. 2022 - still up for debate. Going back to PR's evaluation of players that fit Bowles scheme - The undersize Logan Hall made absolutely no sense to me as they're still asking him to bulk up from at the time 282 to 300-310 range. Which in my opinion - is a lot. 

Devin White - I still stand by it was a stupid pick in 2019. Josh Allen (edge) was my guy. I value edge rushers that high over Off Ball LB's . He's been a bust through 4 years. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

My assessment of Licht is still up and down. He tanked the 2021 draft big time. 2022 - still up for debate. Going back to PR's evaluation of players that fit Bowles scheme - The undersize Logan Hall made absolutely no sense to me as they're still asking him to bulk up from at the time 282 to 300-310 range. Which in my opinion - is a lot. 

Devin White - I still stand by it was a stupid pick in 2019. Josh Allen (edge) was my guy. I value edge rushers that high over Off Ball LB's . He's been a bust through 4 years. 

IDK man, you look at his track record and he's had some really drafts and couple lack-luster ones. He's also been able to find high end starter to superstar type talent in rounds outside the 1st.  That 2019 draft, he actually did really well in. White hasn't developed into the premier guy we anticipated after what we saw 2nd half and playoff run of the SB season, but he's a fringe starting level ILB and one of the better blitizing LB's in the league. Now is he worth the 2nd contract, not IMO and escpecially at the level he's seeking. You look at that draft as a whole and he got (6) players from that draft that all had major roles on the team for several seasons. That is a huge hit.  

I wanted Josh Allen too and I know @indifference was on the train with me as well, but honestly outside of his rookie year, he's been pretty lack-luster as well vs. expectations. 

I'm still not going to judge the 2021 or 2022 class yet for guys still on the roster. it's still too early IMO. I know we want to assign the JTS bust tag already, but gotta remember this was a guy who didn't play at all in 2020 and only had (1) year of college ball at all. Coming into 2021, anything you got from him on the field was a positive. Last, year we expected him to take another step forward and he didn't, no sugarcoating that. Now in year (3) he needs to do so, or I think the bust tag is reasoanble. I think 3 years is sufficient time to expect significant growth and devlopment towards what the ceiling was thought to be.

• Like 1