hole in tv

3rivers

5 minutes ago, August4th said:

nothing I can think of that's realistic. steelers keeping Canada already happened and I did not put a hole in the TV over that.

considering that, maybe this thread won't go anywhere. Agree, canada staying was annoying but the signing of the assistant might have been for a reason.:D Lets hope

This thread will most likely be after  or even during the draft. Or hopefully not at all , that's better actually 

how about not taking a CB with one of first 3 picks and of course one of the CB's you want?  No Hole in TV if they do get a good CB later though, so in the end the TV might need a repair if a pick is later yet turns out good.

Trading 17 and a 2nd to move up.

Tons of holes, deep draft and not much top tier talent.  This is not a year to trade up.   Doing so will immediately make me lose faith in Khan/Weidl.   If they trade a 3rd or 4th to move up for Paris Johnson, I could live with that, but Id rather just stay put or obviously, trade down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 43M said:

Tons of holes, deep draft and not much top tier talent.  This is not a year to trade up.   Doing so will immediately make me lose faith in Khan/Weidl.   If they trade a 3rd or 4th to move up for Paris Johnson, I could live with that, but Id rather just stay put or obviously, trade down.

what if they follow a trade up, by trading back using 32?

7 minutes ago, August4th said:

it's going to be about who they get.  Even if the player(s) they get aren't the ones we would pick, if they end up being good here thats all that matters.  Trading around is good if they get more picks only if they pick good players of course. No idea how this regime will draft. Baldy thinks they get 2 OL  and that being OT and C. Get the OL seet once and for all as he put it.  

The fear was the trade up would include 17 and 32 though, thats not sitting well especially with the bears. They would be getting their pick back. They already robbed the panthers, leave us alone, hang up the phone Khan

2 hours ago, August4th said:

If they use a non 2nd rounder to move up, fine.

Under no circumstances will I be happy if we use a first and either 2nd to move up.  

If we had a more complete roster or there were players I felt were worth trading up for....sure.   

This draft IMO is a good draft for us to stock up on quality building blocks at positions of need, but not a great draft for acquiring special talent.     

Again...I really like Paris Johnson, but do I think he is worth giving up 49 to move up for over taking Dawand Jones straight up at 17?    I dont really think so.  Maybe if we had less holes, but I either want to stay put or trade down.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Any NT/DT at 17. Not because I don’t see it as a need, I just don’t see the value at 17. Mazi Smith or Breese especially at 17 would have me pretty bothered.

Breese would be ok for me…I wouldn’t like it but I would understand it as a long term Cam replacement.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 43M said:

17 and 32 is too much…I would probably do 17 and 49.

17 minutes ago, AFF said:

17 and 32 is too much…I would probably do 17 and 49.

For who?

I personally wouldn't trade either to move up.   I just dont see the value to give up a top 50 pick in this draft.

1 minute ago, 43M said:

For who?

I personally wouldn't trade either to move up.   I just dont see the value to give up a top 50 pick in this draft.

Johnson/Gonzalez/possibly Carter

I know you don’t like Gonzalez nearly as much as most people but off the top of my heads that’s the only 3 I’d be ok with moving up for.

I mention 17 and 49 for 9 due to the Bears/Steelers rumors going around and the draft pick “value” quote on quote matches up.

8 minutes ago, AFF said:

Johnson/Gonzalez/possibly Carter

I know you don’t like Gonzalez nearly as much as most people but off the top of my heads that’s the only 3 I’d be ok with moving up for.

I mention 17 and 49 for 9 due to the Bears/Steelers rumors going around and the draft pick “value” quote on quote matches up.

I just feel there’s a negligible difference between Gonzalez and a guy like Forbes who we could trade down and get. If Forbes weighed 20 pounds heavier he would be in the same tier as Gonzalez.

If Carter falls to 9 and we make a move, let’s do it. PJJ? Wouldn’t move up farther than 12-14 for him.

• Like 1