Barry season 4: april 16 (spoilers)

Malfatron

On 5/16/2023 at 1:17 PM, ET80 said:

It’s twofold:

- Barry *is* out of practice. Old Barry would have done the job in Cosineau’s sons’ house, killing everyone (including his grandson). This Barry is continually hesitating.

- Jim Moss has been WAITING for this moment. He knew as soon as Cosineau popped back up on the map, Barry would be close by. He was probably there at Cosineau’s sons’ house too, but quickly deduced it wasn’t the best time to act.

Plus, his focus was on whether him killing gene would be justified or not. Aka "a sin or not"

He was singularly focused here 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ty21 said:

Didn’t love the finale or the final season as a whole. But overall, great show. 

It had a tough act to follow, but I liked it. Kinda. Barry got the atonement he wanted in his sons’ eyes.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ET80 said:

It had a tough act to follow, but I liked it. Kinda. Barry got the atonement he wanted in his sons’ eyes.

To me, Succession was better overall, but barry had the better finale

Its not a comp though, and sad to see both leave and happy both in my live

The greatest miscarriage to me in the two finales was having them back to back. There’s so much to digest between the two shows. Wish they would’ve put Barry’s off til next week. 

• Like 1

Season 4 wasn't my favorite of Barry, it had the two episodes in the middle that were meh and the Fuches/Hank drama came out of nowhere and didn't really seem natural to me, but the start and the end of this season was phenomenal.

I read somewhere that the entire show was about characters not being true to themselves about who they really are, and in the end ONLY the people who admitted who they really were got redemption (Fuches and Sally). The others (Hank, Barry, and Gene) all died in some way or another. I thought that aspect of things was really well done from a story telling perspective.

Fuches showing up to kill Hank, but Hank not realizing that also displays how great Fuches is as a character in this season. He literally admits that he is a man with no heart and realized that in prison. We never hear him say he wants to kill Barry in Season 4, it's just implied, but as soon as Hank mentions he has a son, it's pretty clear (in hindsight) that Fuches just wanted to protect the kid. You see it during the shootout when Fuches' first motion is to dive to cover the son and protect him.

Just phenomenal. The entire wrap-up was phenomenal IMO.

• Like 2

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/3468762/the-finale-of-hbos-barry-was-a-disappointing-end-to-a-lousy-season

Harsh take but I’ll agree it was my least favorite season of the series and a departure in quality from what I’ve come to expect from Hader. I also agree with the article in that whatever Hader decides to do next I’ll follow too, but that’s not to say I haven’t watched a ton of stuff already just because he’s in it.