We're on Deck

onejayhawk

Harrison is running away with it. It's too bad that we will likely not be in the #31 pick when the time comes.

By my count, there are 8-9 DL who grade in the top 25--Anderson, Carter, Wilson, Van Ness, Murphy, Bresee, Kancey, and maybe Nolan Smith and Will McDonald. Add to that 4 QB, 4-5 OT, 4 CB, 2-3 WR, plus one each of IOL, TE, RB, S, and you begin to understand that they don't all fit and that is before the inevitable reaches and blunders push them down further. If one of the 6-7 names we are seriously interested in slides to say #22 then I am guessing we will have a deal worked out to trade with Minnesota. 

Failing that, trading back for extra day #2 picks is always an option.

Nolan Smith could easily go top 15 man.  Certain teams are going to love what he brings.  If you look at his measurables and play style, he’s not that different than what KC had in DT.

And no I’m not saying he’s as good, or ever will be.  DT is the reason a rural WI kid growing up in the shadows of Lambeau Field said, whatever team drafts that LB from Alabama, that’s the team I’m going to cheer for.

51 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Agreed. Nolan Smith is a little too much OLB for us.

We could make it work but better to choose a true DL or at least someone who can play like one, say Tuli, Ade Ade, or Foskey. 

Tuli is one of my favorite dark horse candidates for 31 or a slight trade down. Not my favorite choice though. But I wouldn’t hate it.