2023 Commanders OTAs, Minicamp & Training Camp

turtle28

4 hours ago, 4209 said:

Really. I was on that Heinicke bandwagon but yr 2 was enough for me. Backup at best.

Yeah. He was fun to watch and he was a damn good back up here. Plus he and Howell had a great relationship and he was happy playing the mentor role. I think he meant a lot to the locker room as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I know it’s camp but I really hope that adding average offensive linemen isn’t the big problem especially with a rookie QB. This was my big concern. 

There was a ton of really good OL available in both the draft and free agency. They spent all of our free agent dollars on fringe starters and then drafted two DBs with our first two picks. Wylie and Gates are just Lucas and Schweitzer. And then they spent two picks on two OL they refuse to put on the field.

This team badly needs a GM with full autonomy. Taking personnel decisions away from Ron is my favorite thing about getting a new owner. Well, outside if Dan being gone I should say. 

• Like 2

SH definitely has the talent to be a good QB in this league maybe even very good but with this question mark of an OL, this could be what gets RR out of here. Like @lavar703 if we invested into this OL like we should have I believe this team with the addition of EB where he utilizes the weapons we have, had a good shot to really compete for a playoff spot. 
Just my way of repeating what Lavar stated. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

SH definitely has the talent to be a good QB in this league maybe even very good but with this question mark of an OL, this could be what gets RR out of here. Like @lavar703 if we invested into this OL like we should have I believe this team with the addition of EB where he utilizes the weapons we have, had a good shot to really compete for a playoff spot. 
Just my way of repeating what Lavar stated. 

We have invested in a Offensive lineman in the last 4 drafts. So they have at least tried to shore up this area. 

Paul 22

Cosmi  21

Charles Ismael   20

Martin   Pierschbacher  19

Christian 18

Here's my thinking is it coaching or just bad drafting. 

EB may need to try not install to much. Maybe more 3 step drop backs, quick passes etc. Keep more backs in for pass protection. I smell a west coast style of offensive scheme especial with the big question marks on our OL. There is no mahomes here so we will see how good EB is adjusting to the talent he has on this offense.  We know he brings the championship experience. Wouldn't be surprise if we make more additions to the OL and lets not forget LB guys. We essentially have DB's playing LB sometimes. This is another area of concern. 

9 minutes ago, 4209 said:

We have invested in a Offensive lineman in the last 4 drafts. So they have at least tried to shore up this area. 

Paul 22

Cosmi  21

Charles Ismael   20

Martin   Pierschbacher  19

Christian 18

Here's my thinking is it coaching or just bad drafting. 

EB may need to try not install to much. Maybe more 3 step drop backs, quick passes etc. Keep more backs in for pass protection. I smell a west coast style of offensive scheme especial with the big question marks on our OL. There is no mahomes here so we will see how good EB is adjusting to the talent he has on this offense.  We know he brings the championship experience. Wouldn't be surprise if we make more additions to the OL and lets not forget LB guys. We essentially have DB's playing LB sometimes. This is another area of concern. 

Paul- 7th rd 

Cosmi-2nd rd

Ismael/Piersbacher- 5th rd

IMO except for Cosmi, not really much investing. 

• Like 1

Well we will see what Stromberg and Daniels bring to the table. I wanted  OT Thomas but the Steelers token him. To be more specific the internal peices of the ol is definitely weak (C,G's). But it is what is. Hopefully we can address this are early on in next yr draft.  

• Like 1