2023 Commanders OTAs, Minicamp & Training Camp

turtle28

22 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I’ll miss Heinicke and Holcomb. Still think both should’ve been re-signed and fully expect Rivera to bring Bostic back at some point. 

I think Barton is an upgrade over Holcomb based on what he did last year playing MLB for the playoff Seahawks. He took over for Bobby Wagner at MLB for them and they still had a good D that helped them get to the playoffs.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

It seemed to me in OTAs & mini-camp that they saw him as more OT than OG. Also from what I read he didn’t have a good spring & needs to get stronger. That being the case I don’t think he’s in play to be a starter at the beginning of the season and Lucas would he ahead of him as the 3rd OT and Daniels would be our 3rd OG after Cosmi, Charles and Paul.

The ownership change doesn't change the fact that the Rivera staff loves putting square pegs in round holes.  

I believe LT is a huge stretch for this guy and we are setting him up for failure.  Maybe you try him at LT after he already proves he can succeed in the NFL at guard.  Left Guard is likely the best chance of success and likely best fit with all his experience on left side. 

When you combine that with the fact that we have nothing at LG but have both Leno and Lucas at LT it makes sense to put him at LG.  Charles can't consistently stay healthy, much less, play well.  Despite our atrocious horrible pathetic LG play last year, Paul still couldn't take the job which should tell you everything you need to know there.  I guess the way I see it, we need as much competition at LG as we can get.  

5 hours ago, offbyone said:

The ownership change doesn't change the fact that the Rivera staff loves putting square pegs in round holes.  

I believe LT is a huge stretch for this guy and we are setting him up for failure.  Maybe you try him at LT after he already proves he can succeed in the NFL at guard.  Left Guard is likely the best chance of success and likely best fit with all his experience on left side. 

When you combine that with the fact that we have nothing at LG but have both Leno and Lucas at LT it makes sense to put him at LG.  Charles can't consistently stay healthy, much less, play well.  Despite our atrocious horrible pathetic LG play last year, Paul still couldn't take the job which should tell you everything you need to know there.  I guess the way I see it, we need as much competition at LG as we can get.  

I agree with trying him at LT and then moving him to RT or OG if he doesn’t look good but, I think they see Daniels as a long term project over a few years of development they hope he can be a LT. 

Also, as I said Daniels’s problem as reported currently is not athleticism but strength, you can’t have a weak guard, they’ll get bowled over every play.

I think their plan is to see how our young guards play and if they don’t play well enough then they’ll sign a vet during training camp but it’s clear they’ll giving Charles & Paul a chance to lock down that LG spot first.

16 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

That’s so great to see! 

Unbelievable ! Thanks for posting this . We're back Baby / The Eagles lost 7 starters, the Cowboys are overrated , the Giants- one season wonders . We will win the NFC East ! 

Whew- somone talk me off the ledge ! 😝

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

Unbelievable ! Thanks for posting this . We're back Baby / The Eagles lost 7 starters, the Cowboys are overrated , the Giants- one season wonders . We will win the NFC East ! 

Whew- somone talk me off the ledge ! 😝

If you read down in the comments, someone said this has to be a picture of Nats or Caps during their Championship runs & John Keim said it was a picture of fans outside waiting to get into or watching a Cavs game, I presume back when Lebron returned.