2023 Commanders OTAs, Minicamp & Training Camp

turtle28

2 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I believe this is the part of RR draft/FA strategy comes into play when you acquire the right type of athlete. 

Ehh not so sure I just equate it to Rivera & the type of guys he brings in. Our athletes and athletes across the league have been found this with teammates for 10, 15, 20 plus years. Heck, Jon Beck & Haskins even did it.

Edited by turtle28

On 7/14/2023 at 8:29 PM, turtle28 said:

I love this kid!!! I actually think he’s going to be better then Terry but together they are going to be so nasty if we can just get QB going. Please Sam I know you can but please just be that guy!!!

On 7/14/2023 at 8:50 PM, ARTMONK HOF said:

There is something different about this team. It’s all for nothing if they can’t produce on the field but for the first time in a long time there’s not just talent throughout but it’s all home grown and they are actually working behind the scenes like the teams you hear making noise later in the year. We shall see.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

I love this kid!!! I actually think he’s going to be better then Terry but together they are going to be so nasty if we can just get QB going. Please Sam I know you can but please just be that guy!!!

I don't know that he’ll be better than Terry, IMO they’re different. Terry is bigger, more powerful & more apt at high-pointing balls and making acrobatic catches. Jahan does that too but not at the same level as Terry would. Jahan is quicker in space, in and out of breaks though. Jahan is more punt return man type Wr/slot WR type whereas Terry is more of an outside guy.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I think I saw Jake Fromm ( Georgia shirt )  also- didn't know he was there . Good for him. Seems to be a servicable #3 . ! Lots of talent on this team . Let the league keep sleeping on us. Fine with me ! 😎

23 minutes ago, Troublez said:

Is it just me.... or is Sam Howell a little chunky? Or is that just his build?

Chunky kinda implies "out of shape" . I just think he has a thick/ stocky build . I've wonder the same thing -agree with you . Doesn't really have  a Q B body ( If there is such a thing ) Gosh knows Sonny Jurgensen didn't either. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I think I saw Jake Fromm ( Georgia shirt )  also- didn't know he was there . Good for him. Seems to be a servicable #3 . ! Lots of talent on this team . Let the league keep sleeping on us. Fine with me ! 😎

Fromm wasn't very good for the Giants two years ago when in 2021 we won in NY in week 18 and cost us some draft position in the 22 draft. It ended up working out bc we could be gotten Olave at 11 & ended up with Dotson, Brob, Howell, and Turner instead but still if we ended up flipped with the Giants in the 2022 draft we could've taken Evan Neal and maybe had our LT of the future.

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Fromm wasn't very good for the Giants two years ago when in 2021 we won in NY in week 18 and cost us some draft position in the 22 draft. It ended up working out bc we could be gotten Olave at 11 & ended up with Dotson, Brob, Howell, and Turner instead but still if we ended up flipped with the Giants in the 2022 draft we could've taken Evan Neal and maybe had our LT of the future.

oh yeah, he's just better than having to put Logan Thomas in at QB if two get hurt . I'm certainly hoping The Rat beats him out for #3 . ( Tim Demorat  ) 

• Like 1