2023 Commanders OTAs, Minicamp & Training Camp

turtle28

17 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Doesn’t look like we need Cameron Brate if Cole Turner is going to catch 3 passes a quarter or half every game. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cole Turner doesn’t look that sturdy after taking some hits. He’ll be injured also. Hope not but we’ll see 

Edited by ARTMONK HOF

12 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Cole Turner doesn’t look that sturdy after taking some hits. He’ll be injured also. Hope not but we’ll see 

Sadly I was thinking the same thing as well. If something does happen to Turner and Logan still isn't playing bc of his calf then maybe you sign Cameron Brate but I’m telling you, Rivera likes his young TEs which he drafted. In the after the game press conference Rivera said Bates played a good game too when answering a question and Cole Turner.

Rivera said, “Even though it was holding on the play (on Wylie) I wish John Bates had caught that pass, that’s one he should have caught.”

As for Brate, more than likely a veteran like that won't sign until they know they’ll start and currently it doesn't look like he here would if Logan is healthy week 1 and based off what Turner showed on Friday but yeah, we’ll see.

Edited by turtle28

6 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I think center needs to be opened up as a competition. I didn’t see anything from Gates suggesting it should just be his job. Stromberg needs to get a shot. 

I didn't see him struggle. Did I miss something? The only one from our starting 5 that struggled, that I saw, was Wylie. 

35 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I didn't see him struggle. Did I miss something? The only one from our starting 5 that struggled, that I saw, was Wylie. 

There was talk that he’s been struggling in training camp. At least that’s what I heard on Keims podcast. I think he was getting beat off the line a lot against Cleveland as well. 

Tyler Larsen was our highest graded center via PFF and he scored a 59. Nick Gates graded below a 54 for what it’s worth. I know PFF isn’t the end all be all but Gates wasn’t good. 

https://x.com/quote_icy/status/1637578833111965697?s=46&t=6HL-uBrK4qbGh3V530lFEg

PFF grades for Orlando Brown, Jr & Andrew Wylie on pressures last year were atrocious.

“Orlando Brown Jr. (47) and Andrew Wylie (49) both finished top 4 in pressures allowed.

PFF grade is not the only thing to worry about here. And, those are true pass sets btw because Orlando actually allowed 56 in total”