TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

7 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I also have to throw some credit to @GOGRIESE because if my memory serves correct, he located an email address for the Bears ticket office.  That email address gave me the structure of essentially all NFL email addresses (FYI, it’s firstname.lastname@teamname.nfl.net now you have the email address of EVERYONE in the NFL).  From there I was able to start spamming all sorts of Bears employees with your story - Kevin Warren, Ryan Poles, Virginia McCaskey, and then some regular PR/Community Outreach people.

I might use the email thing to my advantage. Also wonder how Virginia McCaskey would’ve responded if she’d been the responder. Bears cheerleaders to my house, surely. 

About a week before training camp began I got an email from the Bears Director of Community Relations mentioning that he received my email from someone (I don’t know who forwarded my email to him) and he wanted to do something nice for Ty.  We spoke on the phone and he said he’d try to get a player to record a video for Ty and also send some sort of care package to his house.  I’m glad to see this finally come to fruition.  

it’s incredible the lengths you went to to do something for me here. I feel like if roles were reversed and I was trying to do something, the first email to go without a response would’ve made me thing it wasn’t a possible task. 

Granted, when I started spamming Bears employees and beat writers with emails, Ty was still in surgery and we had no idea if he was going to make it or not.  And if he did make it I figured it would be months of rigorous recovery, physical therapy, struggling to breathe, etc.  Little did I know he’d be talking trash to us on this site like 3 days later and recovering faster than anyone has ever recovered from a bilateral lung transplant.

it hasn’t been as easy as my annoying personality makes it seem 😂 it’s literally always something new. And in my defense, the trash talking must be an auto response for me because I don’t remember anything from the early days (or really most of the year prior, which is weird, but obviously my brain wasn’t getting necessary oxygen). 

Edit - @Ty21 sorry they chose a notre dame guy, i know how much you hate that school.

I’m surprised you guys didn’t know this, I’m actually a notre dame fan 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

And in my defense, the trash talking must be an auto response for me because I don’t remember anything from the early days (or really most of the year prior, which is weird, but obviously my brain wasn’t getting necessary oxygen). 

I love that you can be both high from painkillers and oxygen deprived and still have the energy and focus to mock people on the internet. As far as a blackout response that is pretty cool. 😆

• Like 2

I do wanna publicly say sorry to @CBears019 for the dhead trash talk razzing when he was being a good guy and trying to do something special with the bears for me. Sometimes I think I’m broken. I hope he knows that I’ve always thought of him as my partner in crime on this website and that the sh***** I am towards you, the more I think of you as a friend. 

56 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I do wanna publicly say sorry to @CBears019 for the dhead trash talk razzing when he was being a good guy and trying to do something special with the bears for me. Sometimes I think I’m broken. I hope he knows that I’ve always thought of him as my partner in crime on this website and that the sh***** I am towards you, the more I think of you as a friend. 

Hahah you don’t need to apologize, im pretty good at detecting sarcasm even on the internet lol.  90% of my posts are sarcastic too lol.

44 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Hahah you don’t need to apologize, im pretty good at detecting sarcasm even on the internet lol.  90% of my posts are sarcastic too lol.

I have a very doctor jekyll and mr Hyde personality. Part of me will roast anyone at anytime and part of me will feel really guilty about it. There’s a guy at my work that’s funny but he’s always been a joke punching bag and I’d just eviscerate him every day (like prime Gordon Ramsay) and then feel bad and apologize after my drive home 

On 9/7/2023 at 8:16 AM, Ty21 said:

I might use the email thing to my advantage. Also wonder how Virginia McCaskey would’ve responded if she’d been the responder. Bears cheerleaders to my house, surely. 

it’s incredible the lengths you went to to do something for me here. I feel like if roles were reversed and I was trying to do something, the first email to go without a response would’ve made me thing it wasn’t a possible task. 

it hasn’t been as easy as my annoying personality makes it seem 😂 it’s literally always something new. And in my defense, the trash talking must be an auto response for me because I don’t remember anything from the early days (or really most of the year prior, which is weird, but obviously my brain wasn’t getting necessary oxygen). 

I’m surprised you guys didn’t know this, I’m actually a notre dame fan 

The Bears don't have cheerleaders