TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

That was awesome and for some reason hotter than it should have been. Lol

Yeah it’s like 85° in Paris 

• Like 1

Sucky thing about Real Estate market right now is because of supply and demand.

Supply is tight because many have 2.5% interest rates and don't want to leave to a 7. something one or have to buy another home to live themselves in what may be an over inflated market.  So not many homes are for sale.  Also rent has skyrocketed, so there is more profit at moment in renting than selling if you can do that.  So landlords of homes aren't selling.  

So every single deal is submitted as 'AS IS.'

Then inspection report comes in and clients get freaked out and still want to ask for the moon or cancel the deal. 

Then sellers get pissed off.  Realtors get pissed off.  They say it was AS IS!  But buyers can still cancel the deal.  

It's a whole thing.

There is a pecking order to contracts that will be accepted.

Highest and best offer of course. 

Then everything is AS IS.

Then it is Cash.

Conventional w/ Appraisal gap

Conventional

Lastly is FHA and VA or sale contingency.  

I am constantly speaking with very stressed out and pissed off people.  It can wear on you.  

Edited by dll2000

58 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Sucky thing about Real Estate market right now is because of supply and demand.

Supply is tight because many have 2.5% interest rates and don't want to leave to a 7. something one or have to buy another home to live themselves in what may be an over inflated market.  So not many homes are for sale.  Also rent has skyrocketed, so there is more profit at moment in renting than selling if you can do that.  So landlords of homes aren't selling.  

So every single deal is submitted as 'AS IS.'

Then inspection report comes in and clients get freaked out and still want to ask for the moon or cancel the deal. 

Then sellers get pissed off.  Realtors get pissed off.  They say it was AS IS!  But buyers can still cancel the deal.  

It's a whole thing.

There is a pecking order to contracts that will be accepted.

Highest and best offer of course. 

Then everything is AS IS.

Then it is Cash.

Conventional w/ Appraisal gap

Conventional

Lastly is FHA and VA or sale contingency.  

I am constantly speaking with very stressed out and pissed off people.  It can wear on you.  

There are tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of homes in this country that simply sit empty because private equity has correctly identified that real estate is an easy, low risk way to protect money from inflation if not outright profit. It should be made illegal. Corporate landlords should also be made illegal. Property ownership is simply out of reach for a great many under the age of 40.

The scariest thing of all is that if and when this bubble bursts, very few private individuals are going to benefit from it. Corporate investors will come in and buy everything up in cash at a massive discount. And the American Dream inches closer to death.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

There are tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of homes in this country that simply sit empty because private equity has correctly identified that real estate is an easy, low risk way to protect money from inflation if not outright profit. It should be made illegal. Corporate landlords should also be made illegal. Property ownership is simply out of reach for a great many under the age of 40.

The scariest thing of all is that if and when this bubble bursts, very few private individuals are going to benefit from it. Corporate investors will come in and buy everything up in cash at a massive discount. And the American Dream inches closer to death.

It is true that young couples have been priced out of market and are incredibly frustrated.  My heart breaks for them.  Multigenerational living is fast becoming the norm in the United States.  Young people are afraid to start families.  

It may be true elsewhere that corporations are buying homes.  But, I am not aware of any homes in my area that are corporate owned.   Single family homes anyway.  Condo and apartment buildings yes.  

The banks own some via foreclosure, but they sell them as soon as they can.  Seems weird that they don't buy 

Look at what our govt. did in spending in 2019 and 2020.  Trillions were printed and spent above and beyond what we normally overspend.  Way above what we take in.   Combined with shutting down the economy.  And subsequent wars.  SMH.

I said it on this site early on (on the general site before it was deleted) that these govt. policies would have pond rippling consequences for years to come.  And it has and it will.  And both Democrat and Republicans through two administrations and a divided congress did it and agreed to it so I don't even have to get political.

The laws of economics just are.  They don't care what you want to happen.  And it is partly purposeful.  You can never pay back debt now.  You can only devalue money or default.  But you have to dance on the line.  Every action you take has benefits and consequences.   We have congress spending and we have Fed tightening.   

I would never want to be President or a congressional leader.  My heart would be too heavy all the time.  I am not cold enough.  I would never sleep.  

17 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Taking my 15yo to see Green Day at Wrigley Field on 8/13. Any suggestions on where the best place is to park? I am assuming the satellite lot they use for Cubs night games won’t run for a concert. 

how much are you looking to pay? we went to a cubs game last month and my dad reserved a spot at the parking garage across the street from the stadium. easy in and out, but it was $75

18 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Taking my 15yo to see Green Day at Wrigley Field on 8/13. Any suggestions on where the best place is to park? I am assuming the satellite lot they use for Cubs night games won’t run for a concert. 

I haven't been in forever.  

I imagine once you get close there will be people with signs selling parking.

Or you could take train or a bus depending on where you live.  I think last time I went to Wrigley we drove to some Western Burb and there were busses that went all the way in.  This was like 5 or 6 years ago. 

Can't remember which one.  

Quick story.   Last time I went I was gifted 4 tickets and invited 3 big Cubs fans from my old church to go, because no one in my family would want to go. 

We get there and there is like army guys and swat guys all over all around the stadium in the street.  And the metal detectors were away from stadium.  Just a big show of force.  Most of them carrying assault rifles.  Apparently they were worried about a terrorist threat or something that day.   Not sure why security was so high.  

One of guys with us, says, "Oh I forgot I have my knife on me."    He pulls out this giant Crocodile Dundee knife he had hidden away.

LOL

There was all this construction going on at time all around stadium.  So he looks around and says he will be right back.

There are police and military guys everywhere all around us mind you.  Big crowd, but still.  

He comes back like 10 minutes later and we go to the game just fine.

Once we got inside, I asked him what he did with the knife.  He said he walked over and hid it under some sand bags.

After game he went and got it again and it was still there and stuffed it back in his pants or wherever he keeps it.  None of police or anything noticed or if they did, they didn't say anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

how much are you looking to pay? we went to a cubs game last month and my dad reserved a spot at the parking garage across the street from the stadium. easy in and out, but it was $75

I’d like to pay less if I can, but for convenience I’m not opposed. I don’t mind walking a little bit.

Appreciate the info!

3 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

I’d like to pay less if I can, but for convenience I’m not opposed. I don’t mind walking a little bit.

Appreciate the info!

yeah it was definitely a move of "i'd rather pay more money and know 1) for sure i have a spot and 2) i'm not gonna have to walk 6 blocks back and forth"

I had jury duty for the first time Tuesday. I’d been in the pool like 3-4 times before but got out of it for college finals and hospitalizations. Could’ve gotten out of it pretty easily but I just wanted to get it over with so they’re not calling me again in a matter of months

59 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I had jury duty for the first time Tuesday. I’d been in the pool like 3-4 times before but got out of it for college finals and hospitalizations. Could’ve gotten out of it pretty easily but I just wanted to get it over with so they’re not calling me again in a matter of months

Just talk about jury nullification and they'll never call you again

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Vast majority of time you get called sit in a room for an hour or two and then get sent home.  You listen to a bunch of speeches about your civil duty.  

If it's criminal few attorneys want to do a jury trial.  It typically gets plead out in Judge's chambers the day of trial.

Someone is just playing hardball and didn't get an early deal they wanted.

Pain in the butt though.  Can cost you a lot of money in missed work time.