TABT - HuskieBear Edition

Ty21

1 hour ago, BEAR FACE DOWN ARROW said:

Oh man that made me smile.  To bring up the Simpsons again, Cutler always had the most hilarious high and low lights.

Also your embedding was bad, and you should feel bad. 

The thing that always pissed me off eas when people said Jay didn't care. Then why is he so mad when things were going wrong? Lol. Makes no sense.

You dont take all the hits he took while trying to give just a bit more time for the WR to get open if you don't give a damn either,  you check down and just try to stay clean.

I'm convinced Jay would have been in the Hall of Very Good if he could have stayed with Shanny. By no means was he faultless for the underachieving but CHI screwed him over bad.

On 8/13/2024 at 7:07 PM, Sugashane said:

The thing that always pissed me off eas when people said Jay didn't care. Then why is he so mad when things were going wrong? Lol. Makes no sense.

You dont take all the hits he took while trying to give just a bit more time for the WR to get open if you don't give a damn either,  you check down and just try to stay clean.

I'm convinced Jay would have been in the Hall of Very Good if he could have stayed with Shanny. By no means was he faultless for the underachieving but CHI screwed him over bad.

Watching Cutler was so much like watching Fields for me as a fan - just different. Both gave you a few wow plays every game where you said, “How many QBs can do that?” and got all goose bumpy. Both also gave you a few plays a game where you said, “Why the hell would he do that?” and want to throw the remote. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Watching Cutler was so much like watching Fields for me as a fan - just different. Both gave you a few wow plays every game where you said, “How many QBs can do that?” and got all goose bumpy. Both also gave you a few plays a game where you said, “Why the hell would he do that?” and want to throw the remote. 

I barely remember the Cutler era.  My excitement about him lasted about a season and then I kinda of thought we aren’t winning anything big was this guy.  A friend from Denver told me that is way it would go as soon as we got him.   Same with Trubisky. 2019 was a massive disappointment. But my expectations for him were never super high. 

Fields excitement did last until last season and was super high at draft time.  But I was totally out after Browns game.  Though I still think he has a chance to improve.  

Caleb is on the clock.  Looking good so far.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I barely remember the Cutler era.  My excitement about him lasted about a season and then I kinda of thought we aren’t winning anything big was this guy.  A friend from Denver told me that is way it would go as soon as we got him.   Same with Trubisky. 2019 was a massive disappointment. But my expectations for him were never super high. 

Fields excitement did last until last season and was super high at draft time.  But I was totally out after Browns game.  Though I still think he has a chance to improve.  

Caleb is on the clock.  Looking good so far.

I was wary about Fields from 3 games at Ohio state I watched, but he gave me enough Rex Grossman roller coaster peak moments that I started to get to a point where I’d give him the benefit of the doubt. Sucks the comment he made about the nfl being slower than he expected ended up being a gaffe and that it didn’t happen for him. There were many instances where his successes were awesome and his mistakes were explainable. His highs were the greatest moments for me as a bears fan to watch. But he also showed a lot of times why he wasnt the dude and it was evidenced last season. Im happy and excited for the Caleb show because im not as apprehensive about his future than I was for Fields, Tru, and cutler. 

48 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

I was wary about Fields from 3 games at Ohio state I watched, but he gave me enough Rex Grossman roller coaster peak moments that I started to get to a point where I’d give him the benefit of the doubt. Sucks the comment he made about the nfl being slower than he expected ended up being a gaffe and that it didn’t happen for him. There were many instances where his successes were awesome and his mistakes were explainable. His highs were the greatest moments for me as a bears fan to watch. But he also showed a lot of times why he wasnt the dude and it was evidenced last season. Im happy and excited for the Caleb show because im not as apprehensive about his future than I was for Fields, Tru, and cutler. 

I have more confidence in Caleb as a prospect than any Bears drafted QB in my lifetime.  There is much less projection with him than Fields.  

My one complaint is I wish he was a few inches taller.   He and I are exact same height.  

I have stood behind 6-6 guys, there are vision issues at play standing behind the giants in the pocket and an increased risk of batted balls.   

If he was 6'4 he would be an ideal prospect.

51 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I have more confidence in Caleb as a prospect than any Bears drafted QB in my lifetime.  There is much less projection with him than Fields.  

My one complaint is I wish he was a few inches taller.   He and I are exact same height.  

I have stood behind 6-6 guys, there are vision issues at play standing behind the giants in the pocket and an increased risk of batted balls.   

If he was 6'4 he would be an ideal prospect.

Right, Drew Brees isn’t even a hall of famer 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Its a fair concern.  

Allen Iverson is great.  I would rather he was 6'6 like Jordan.

That would’ve been a sight. 

I didn’t see anything mentioned here yet, but I’m pretty bummed that the parkins and spiegel show is losing Danny.  Good for Danny getting the FS1 gig (i was expecting this for months after his multiple guest appearances), but it sucks because those four on P&S had such rhythm.  Hopefully the other three stick together when they bring in Danny’s replacement.   

anyone know when Danny’s first FS1 show will be?

5 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I didn’t see anything mentioned here yet, but I’m pretty bummed that the parkins and spiegel show is losing Danny.  Good for Danny getting the FS1 gig (i was expecting this for months after his multiple guest appearances), but it sucks because those four on P&S had such rhythm.  Hopefully the other three stick together when they bring in Danny’s replacement.   

No idea on the new show.

He’s been hit or miss for me. When he first started I was a big fan, but over the past few years he’s started being more outlandish and gimmicky with some of his stuff and it seemed like extremism for the sake of extremism (my least favorite type of sports talk radio) and it turned me off a lot of the time. He’s been clear in wanting to be Cowherd or Bayless or even Nick Wright, and I dislike the content of all those guys. I still like the show though and it has still been my go to in the afternoons when it’s not SiriusXM, but he’s been my least favorite part of it for a bit now.

Has there been anything yet about how they’ll replace him? I’ve always wanted a Goff and Holmes show but I can’t see Goff coming back. Really though, just give me anything but Danny Mac lol. 

5 hours ago, CBears019 said:

My cousin is friends with Spiegel.  We were actually supposed to get dinner with him two falls ago when my cousin was passing through town but I got covid.  Really was curious to see what he'd be like off duty and if he had any cool off record stories.  Stupid bats

53 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

No idea on the new show.

He’s been hit or miss for me. When he first started I was a big fan, but over the past few years he’s started being more outlandish and gimmicky with some of his stuff and it seemed like extremism for the sake of extremism (my least favorite type of sports talk radio) and it turned me off a lot of the time. He’s been clear in wanting to be Cowherd or Bayless or even Nick Wright, and I dislike the content of all those guys. I still like the show though and it has still been my go to in the afternoons when it’s not SiriusXM, but he’s been my least favorite part of it for a bit now.

Has there been anything yet about how they’ll replace him? I’ve always wanted a Goff and Holmes show but I can’t see Goff coming back. Really though, just give me anything but Danny Mac lol. 

I liked how dumb he is.  Like he’s really good at his job but that’s it.  He’s totally helpless in any Other facet of life.  And i loved how the other three would constantly roast him for being dumb.  They were a fun show and always entertaining to me for the most part.

Goff has done some appearances recently, but idk if he’d come back full time.  He didn’t have a clean departure a while back.  Hopefully the Danny Mac experiment is done for good.

Maybe anthony Herron?  I’ve heard Jarret Payton’s name thrown around.  Who knows.   I don’t care too much.  As long as spiegel, tanny, and Shane stick together it should be a good show.

• Like 1