1st rdn mock with trades ( be gentle, have and open mind)

vikes635

8 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

You’re a Vikings fan and you have them wasting a 1st round pick on the biggest bust candidate in the draft?!  Terrible pick for the Vikings.

Not a fan or Simpson? what was your thoughts on the trade though?

16 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Hate the TE selection for GB for many reasons. Much prefer Van Ness, JSN, or Kancey

Noted, even though JSN is best WR in class I thought it was too early for him, I'll consider D-Line on update though.

1 hour ago, vikes635 said:

Noted, even though JSN is best WR in class I thought it was too early for him, I'll consider D-Line on update though.

Few factors go into it: Green Bay hasn't spent a 1st pick in 20 years on anything other than defense, OL, and QB. 1st round TE hit rate in general is absurdly low. It's a deep TE class meaning there's one to be had in the 2nd or 3rd. With Gary coming off the ACL tear and Preston Smith turning 30 our pass rush needs attention. Defensive line lost two players that played a good number of snaps for us that will need to be replaced. Put it all together and I don't think TE will be the best use of our resource. I appreciate the effort you put into the mock though. These things are time consuming

• Like 1

#31 KC - Dawand Jones OT, Ohio St

Several points

• The format you used is very difficult to read much less study. It spreads all over, which is a problem because picks are not in the standard sequence. Teams and players are not highlighted. There are multiple links to the same place and a lot of filler. A simple listing like give here gives the important information but a single link directly below would not be out of place.
  • If you are doing trades, then moving the Chiefs is a must. Either up or down. For example, have Houston move up to get a 5th-year option on Hendon Hooker.
  • I don't like Jones for the Chiefs. They had a power blocker at LT in Orlando Brown JR. He's gone and is replaced by Jawaan Taylor. Anton Harrison is the sort of player but he's long gone.
  • There is a player the Chiefs would trade up to get and you left him out entirely, Calijah Kancey. Once Jacksonville takes Nolan Smith, the trade with NY Giants should be rushed to the front.
Edited by onejayhawk

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

#31 KC - Dawand Jones OT, Ohio St

Several points

• The format you used is very difficult to read much less study. It spreads all over, which is a problem because picks are not in the standard sequence. Teams and players are not highlighted. There are multiple links to the same place and a lot of filler. A simple listing like give here gives the important information but a single link directly below would not be out of place.
  • If you are doing trades, then moving the Chiefs is a must. Either up or down. For example, have Houston move up to get a 5th-year option on Hendon Hooker.
  • I don't like Jones for the Chiefs. They had a power blocker at LT in Orlando Brown JR. He's gone and is replaced by Jawaan Taylor. Anton Harrison is the sort of player but he's long gone.
  • There is a player the Chiefs would trade up to get and you left him out entirely, Calijah Kancey. Once Jacksonville takes Nolan Smith, the trade with NY Giants should be rushed to the front.

Sorry all those links had been pictures when hit reply they turned into links, even with the names next to the pictures it was a little sloppy because I couldn't get the lines to match up. Thank you for your input on your team. I didn't forget anyone I just don't have Kancey ranked as that high of a prospect. But I am considering his 3-4 end value and may be raising him when fine tuning this weekends rankings. Guessing staying put and landing Kancey is your BCS? Or would trading back be your preferred?

33 minutes ago, vikes635 said:

Sorry all those links had been pictures when hit reply they turned into links, even with the names next to the pictures it was a little sloppy because I couldn't get the lines to match up. Thank you for your input on your team. I didn't forget anyone I just don't have Kancey ranked as that high of a prospect. But I am considering his 3-4 end value and may be raising him when fine tuning this weekends rankings. Guessing staying put and landing Kancey is your BCS? Or would trading back be your preferred?

I think Kancey is more top half of the first round. #21 would be him sliding.

Given their history, the Chiefs will trade out of #31. Last year they traded up for Trent McDuffie who went on to play every snap of the Super Bowl as a rookie. If you acknowledge that there are only about 15-20 true first-round talents and that half of those are at positions of secondary interest, there are 7-8 players that they would trade up to get. Some are obvious--Anderson, Wilson, Carter, Paris Johnson--but the rest are DL--Murphy, Kancey, Van Ness. If any of those names is still on board at #22, look to trade up. Also Bresee or Nolan Smith but not as aggressively. 

Trading down is also a real possibility. First-round picks have a 5th-year team option that has value. Think of a team wanting Hendon Hooker, for example. One obvious move is trading Detroits two 2nd round picks for #31 and the 3rd. 

14 hours ago, vikes635 said:

I had Harrison as best OT available at 16 and with 3 CBs gone I didn't know where else to go. Maybe edge? with the uncertainty of extended the 5th year to young?

I think you’re fine as is. It wouldn’t surprise me. Just ideally we do it after a trade down

• Like 1

On 4/22/2023 at 4:02 AM, vikes635 said:

Not a fan or Simpson? what was your thoughts on the trade though?

I’m not a fan of the way this mock is formatted.  It’s very hard to read.  To me it looked like you had the Vikings taking Quentin Johnston which would be a terrible pick.

With wright and Harrison off the board at 19 I could see us taking a peek at edge. But if we’re going to reach for one I’d rather take a shot at Will McDonald. Though I think both he and ojulari could both be available with a significant trade back.