Love is in the air! Poll!!

brownie man

What type of career will Jordan Love Have?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Pick his career outcome

• Hall of Fame Player
    • All Pro/ Consistent Pro Bowler
    • Competitive Starter
    • Journeyman Starter
    • Backup
    • Bust

All I heard all off season was how we were going to see "Lafleurs true offense" and Love only has to "throw to the guys who are schemed open". Now that things aren't going as well as the homers thought its everyone else's fault. I haven't changed my opinion one bit, it's every Packers fan in denial that can't keep their excuses straight.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

I almost can't blame them for thinking he would be. Like they were so blessed for so long they don't know anything else.

Welcome to reality.

I'm pretty certain there are only 2-3 people in this thread who actually watched Don Majkowski play live. 

I have a feeling those people understand what sort of crapshoot they landed with Favre and Rodgers.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I'm pretty certain there are only 2-3 people in this thread who actually watched Don Majkowski play live. 

I have a feeling those people understand what sort of crapshoot they landed with Favre and Rodgers.

Now you're just making me feel old. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ET80 said:

You don't even have to be that old, you just have to watch other QBs in the league play and you can tell this guy ain't it. He has multiple throws every single game where he misses guys not by inches but by yards. The first throw on that drop reel Aaron Jones had to highpoint and 180 a ******* swing pass

• Like 3

Packers fans having breakdowns because they no longer have a HOF QB after 30 years. Hard to feel sympathetic. Love may turn it around but I don't see a top 10 QB in him. So they need to draft well around him and give him the best possible chance to succeed. Worse QB's have won SB's, but they had insane talent on both sides of the ball.

3 minutes ago, Scottish_Viking said:

Packers fans having breakdowns because they no longer have a HOF QB after 30 years. Hard to feel sympathetic. Love may turn it around but I don't see a top 10 QB in him. So they need to draft well around him and give him the best possible chance to succeed. Worse QB's have won SB's, but they had insane talent on both sides of the ball.

We traded up to get this guy when we were in the middle of a super bowl window. I'll never forgive the front office for squandering that opportunity. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, ET80 said:

The poll was set up where votes were public. Take a quick click and see who voted for "Hall of Fame".

I'm pretty certain nobody here will be surprised.

He's in shambles right now. We could end up with the number 1 overall pick and he would still come up with a reason why we shouldn't take Caleb Williams.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

For the record, Packer fans, the first QB busting doesn't hurt as bad. It's when the second one busts and you realize that the team learned nothing from the first one that really hurts.

or the 3rd one and you realized you've wasted 12-15 years.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Scottish_Viking said:

I think this is the way to go. See if you can put enough talent around that you can either trade for a disgruntled good vet or put a billion future picks together to get the QB. Don't go back to the 1st round QB well right away, unless it's bringing in a vet to "compete with" Love.

8 minutes ago, StatKing said:

You don't even have to be that old, you just have to watch other QBs in the league play and you can tell this guy ain't it. He has multiple throws every single game where he misses guys not by inches but by yards. The first throw on that drop reel Aaron Jones had to highpoint and 180 a ******* swing pass

This is the part that baffle me - people like me who are talking about this? We've spent seasons watching bad QB after bad QB. We know a thing or two on the subject. Sure, they gave a WOW moment here and there, but it's never about that - it's about consistency, playing within the confines of the offense while having a few moments where they go off script and create positive yardage. Love has WOW plays, but is inconsistent. Love shown no propensity to go off script and make things happen. Everything needs to be right, everyone needs to execute their assignment and win their matchup for Love to be effective - and that flat out doesn't happen for any team. 

Consistency was the issue with Love - going back to his heyday at Utah State, that was the issue. The three years that he sat was supposed to resolve this, but it's still the issue at hand. It seemed like he was able to operate off script in college, but that hasn't translated at this level. 

He's got 10 games to prove this is an aberration and he can in fact do these things I mentioned, but given his track record when his surroundings aren't perfect (both in Green Bay or Utah State) I can't see that coming. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

For the record, Packer fans, the first QB busting doesn't hurt as bad. It's when the second one busts and you realize that the team learned nothing from the first one that really hurts.

Yeah…just the two quarterback busts…

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952k7n2m8208yeg6rjd0k

• Like 9