Leshaun verses Rodgers,Mahomes,Burrows,and Hurst

mtmmike

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

Watson should be awesome in PA with his speed. If Baker can do it, Watson better be able too. 

The single back formation is chubb best, I hope Wtason doesn't ruin Chubb.

Watson doesn’t have a great track record with his own Chubb so idk.

On 4/26/2023 at 10:26 PM, JohnChimpo said:

I don’t follow the Browns, but at first glance, Brissett had better stats than LeShaun last year. What’s up with that?

Yeah a combo of things. Watson sucked & Brissett played amazing. We treated the final 6 games like scrimmages, abandoning the run & our power formations for spread looks that didn’t suit anyone but Watson. Idk if Stefanski knows how to call a game from the gun. He didn’t seem to be comfortable calling plays once Watson got back & nobody was in rhythm. Could definitely be a Watson issue, but could also be a coaching thing. Probably both. I have faith in Watson to return to form this year, but it wouldn’t shock me if this marriage between Watson/Stefanski is doomed. 

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yeah a combo of things. Watson sucked & Brissett played amazing. We treated the final 6 games like scrimmages, abandoning the run & our power formations for spread looks that didn’t suit anyone but Watson. Idk if Stefanski knows how to call a game from the gun. He didn’t seem to be comfortable calling plays once Watson got back & nobody was in rhythm. Could definitely be a Watson issue, but could also be a coaching thing. Probably both. I have faith in Watson to return to form this year, but it wouldn’t shock me if this marriage between Watson/Stefanski is doomed. 

Stefanski runs the same system and concepts as Shannahan which made Jimmy G, Brock Purdy and Baker Mayfield look like franchise QBs. The entire system is designed to make it easy on the QBs and have a WR running open through misdirection. If it can make those other guys look good, Watson is more than capable. The problem last year was a QB being inserted mid season who was taking his first real snaps in 2 years with new coaching/new offense/new teammates and the rhythm/timing of the offense being thrown off. 

People are making WAY too big of a deal about his 6 game performance IMO. The struggles with the offense are quite easily explainable for that stretch (he also did flash a bunch of times) but we live in a world of instant gratification so I guess it makes sense why people are questioning it.

17 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Stefanski runs the same system and concepts as Shannahan which made Jimmy G, Brock Purdy and Baker Mayfield look like franchise QBs. The entire system is designed to make it easy on the QBs and have a WR running open through misdirection. If it can make those other guys look good, Watson is more than capable. The problem last year was a QB being inserted mid season who was taking his first real snaps in 2 years with new coaching/new offense/new teammates and the rhythm/timing of the offense being thrown off. 

Stefanski is a play action bootleg system guy. Deshaun Watson has always operated in wide open spread offenses. Last year, the second we got Watson back, we went directly into a wide open spread passing attack. We looked absolutely dreadful doing so.

People are making WAY too big of a deal about his 6 game performance IMO.

Correct. 100% not what I expect Watson to be moving forward.

The struggles with the offense are quite easily explainable for that stretch (he also did flash a bunch of times) but we live in a world of instant gratification so I guess it makes sense why people are questioning it.

I think Deshaun will be fine. I think it's a wonky fit to plug him into our under center outside zone/bootleg system, given he's never done anything like that before. It doesn't mean he wouldn't be good at it, but it seems like Stefanski, for whatever reason, tried to adapt his entire offense and shed his philosophical beliefs to go back to what Watson did well--spread. It made everyone else worse. Hopefully we get Watson in the system Stefanski runs & we don't ask Watson to do everything by himself operating in a spread. Even Chubb looked bad when we went heavy shotgun.

18 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

People are making WAY too big of a deal about his 6 game performance IMO. The struggles with the offense are quite easily explainable for that stretch (he also did flash a bunch of times) but we live in a world of instant gratification so I guess it makes sense why people are questioning it.

First of all Mayfields first 6 games he outplayed Watson.

Why did you not say extend him sense he outplayed a 60,000,000 million qb?

Jacoby Brissett outplayed him to in his first 6 games ?

In the latest 51 games he is a 95 rating qb

How come you did not mention that

He is 1 win 2 losses against mahones

0 wins against Lamar

0 wins against Burrows 

Please answer all those questions then I

Have some tuff questions 

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

@AkronsWitness right now:

giphy.gif

Question when did we say that we hope

Deshaun plays up to Brock Purdy level. 

When did we say he plays up to Matt Anderson level

When did we say he plays up to Hurst level 

When did we say we hope Deshaun has .1 higher qb rating then Mayfield I am getting old so I do not remember when this was said?

7 hours ago, Jeezla said:

I'll be the one to say it since everybody else wants to tip-toe around the tulips.

Deshaun Watson is ugly and has no hope of ever winning a super bowl.

No1 is as ugly as Lamar Jackson tho. Dude looks like his mother was a fish whose tank was filled with whiskey instead of saltwater.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ive already answered this question 4x from Mike, didnt know I would have to do it for a second time in the same thread

He'll keep asking until you give him satisfactory answers.