Movies that have made you CRY  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What movies have made you cry

• Movies don’t make me cry because I’m too masculine to show emotion
    • My Dog Skip
    • Beyoncé’s I Am…World Tour
    • Other
  2. 2. Why?

I cry at movies all the time when they’re great cinematic moments. Cried at A Quiet Place during the firework moment (that editing was beautiful). Cried at Inglourious Basterds with the Bear Jew baseball bat scene. I cry every time I watch Jurassic Park. The Matrix during the moment they all realize Neo is the one. The Truman Show. Tombstone. The Thing. Once Upon a Time in the West I cry for like three hours straight. I cried when I watched The Menu. 

I cried throughout Magnolia, but not just at the tearjerker moments (but also at the Tom Cruise and his dad tearjerker moment).

As far as tearjerker moments, Simon Birch made me cry like a ***** the first time I saw it. Same with Finding Forester. Dead Poets Society had me crying snot and snotting tears. Big Fish. Casablanca. Schindler’s List.

I'm not a crier at many/any movies besides the one I mentioned above, but movie scenes that have made me pause a bit and appreciate them in that emotional way are:

*Schindler's List: "This could have saved x people..." end monologue

14f5a48a99f5739b53103bc7cfd6f42f.jpg

*Saving Private Ryan: "Earn this" coupled with him asking his wife and son if he's been a good man and saluting Capt. John Miller's grave

7d1e4ba62ace5903e803bd2733f5e92d.jpg

*We are Marshall: "My shoulder is fine!!!!!!!"

we_are_marshall_photo_20-962979664.jpg

*Field of Dreams: "Hey dad...wanna have a catch?" (I lost my dad some time ago, that one admittedly chokes me up)

4d0452eb6a95be491e5aa33a5a00e634.jpg

• Like 2