9 members have voted

1. 1. What movies have made you cry

• Movies don’t make me cry because I’m too masculine to show emotion
    • My Dog Skip
    • Beyoncé’s I Am…World Tour
    • Other
  2. 2. Why?

1 minute ago, downundermike said:

All of these.  No one has mentioned the one that gets me every time, and I have probably seen this move more than 200 times.

The scene that gets me the most is this one:

Turkey Creek Jack Johnson : Doc, you oughta be in bed, what the he** you doin this for anyway?

Doc Holliday : Wyatt Earp is my friend.

Turkey Creek Jack Johnson : He**, I got lots of friends.

Doc Holliday : I don't.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

The scene that gets me the most is this one:

Turkey Creek Jack Johnson : Doc, you oughta be in bed, what the he** you doin this for anyway?

Doc Holliday : Wyatt Earp is my friend.

Turkey Creek Jack Johnson : He**, I got lots of friends.

Doc Holliday : I don't.

Just awesome....

Val did such an amazing job in that movie. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

Just awesome....

Val did such an amazing job in that movie. 

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Prime Val was about as good as it got/gets between Tombstone, Top Gun, and Heat.

I still can not believe they even made Wyatt Earp after Tombstone knocked it out of the park.

Quaid doing Doc Holiday was so bad.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, downundermike said:

I still can not believe they even made Wyatt Earp after Tombstone knocked it out of the park.

Quaid doing Doc Holiday was so bad.

yep

Kurt and Val could never be matched for those parts. Just an amazing movie. I have seen it a million times.. 

I actually haven't even seen Wyatt Earp.. just thought what's the point? 

Edited by fluhartz

4 minutes ago, fluhartz said:

yep

Kurt and Val could never be matched for those parts. Just an amazing movie. I have seen it a million times.. 

I actually haven't even seen Wyatt Earp.. just thought what's the point? 

I saw it twice the night it opened in the theatre.  Just finished finals the week prior, and a buddy from school and I went and saw it.  We were then drinking at a restaurant across the street from the theater, and I looked out and saw it still had another showing that night.  I looked at him and said "you know that starts again in 20 minutes".  The waitress came by, he asked for the check, we paid and walked back to the theater to see it again.

• Like 1

Gladiator: Maximus going to his family as he passes into the afterlife as he has achieved his vengeance and protected those who need protecting.

Braveheart: The William Wallace death scene and his resolution in the face of torture and death and his readiness to be reunited with Maron.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones that come to top of mind.  I'm a sucker for self sacrifice for those they love.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Yup this one got me right in the feels. Named my son Maximus after that BMF.

I have a son named Max, but didn't go whole hog, lol.  He's a Maxwell, but Max's name is influenced by this character.

• Like 1

I never really cry watching movies but there has been a few scenes that made me choke up as a parent:

The ending of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas 

Grave of the Fireflies - As a veteran this whole movie hit me in the feels. If you really want a movie that shows the true cost of war this is one of the greatest I have ever watched. Probably the most underrated war movie of all time. 

My Girl - Who doesn't remember the "He can't see without his glasses" scene. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

Hardball when G Baby Died had me choked up 

His death, and the funeral get me so bad everytime.  I showed my girlfriend who cries at everything this movie, she didn’t shed a single tear, while I had some waterworks going. I was in shock she didn’t have any emotion.

Edited by Fresh Prince
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Boys Don't Cry.  The "car" scene after Brandon is outed and the ending.

Ghost.  The ending really hit me hard, mainly because I was still in primary school when I first saw it.

Roots.  I first watched it when I was in the Kindergarten or 1st year.  My Mum warned me it would upset me and make me cry and at 4 or 5 yrs old I thought "I'm mature and grown enough to watch a movie without it hitting me that hard... boy was I wrong!

Lots of moments from GOTG3.