2023 Dolphins Draft

Rgossett07

Lol not exactly what you want to hear from your GM. We have the bad habit of getting sniped for players under Grier, seems like it may have happened this year as well.

Very disappointed that we couldn’t get one of the top 5-6 TEs in what is called the best TE class in 20+ years. Guess they really don’t plan of having tight ends play a meaningful role in this offense

Devon Achane was a very predictable pick, i know many had predicted him going to us. Not a fan personally but i can see the appeal. Going to be a gadget type/return guy. 

Edited by Emerica
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Emerica said:

Lol not exactly what you want to hear from your GM. We have the bad habit of getting sniped for players under Grier, seems like it may have happened this year as well.

Very disappointed that we couldn’t get one of the top 5-6 TEs in what is called the best TE class in 20+ years. Guess they really don’t plan of having tight ends play a meaningful role in this offense

Devon Achane was a very predictable pick, i know many had predicted him going to us. Not a fan personally but i can see the appeal. Going to be a gadget type/return guy. 

Totally agree.  I didn't see TE as a big need since we are looking to put the ball in the hands of our proven dynamic playmaking WR's.  Also, like I posted earlier, Grier is going to give Austin Jackson every chance he can to prove he isn't a first round bust.  I was surprised with the Achane pick but our Special Teams was ranked dead last in the NFL by PFF last season.  Considering Achane's 4.32 speed and experience on Special Teams maybe I shouldn't have been surprised.

1 hour ago, Emerica said:

Elijah Higgins from Stanford. Listed as WR but drafted as TE

Know nothing about him but he’s listed at 6’3 235lbs

A project TE like Conner? I would’ve loved to see Jarrett Patterson or Nick Broeker for OL depth. 

Like most I was hoping for Washington with that 3rd round pick. The way McDaniel loved the Achane pick though I’ll put my trust in him. McDaniel knows what he needs for his vision of his offense better than I do. I was reading Washington had knee concerns so I can see why he fell. 

Can’t believe Miami still has to forfeit a 3rd next year while other teams were allowed to negotiate a settlement (Arizona). Yea real strong message you sent about tampering Goodell. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Phinsesq said:

Like most I was hoping for Washington with that 3rd round pick. The way McDaniel loved the Achane pick though I’ll put my trust in him. McDaniel knows what he needs for his vision of his offense better than I do. I was reading Washington had knee concerns so I can see why he fell. 

Can’t believe Miami still has to forfeit a 3rd next year while other teams were allowed to negotiate a settlement (Arizona). Yea real strong message you sent about tampering Goodell. 

Yeah what was that all about? So now its fine to tamper as long as you independently reach a settlement with the other team? Unless you are Miami of course

I’m sure NE would’ve been more than happy for us to give them a free mid-round pick for a guy who was going to leave anyways (and we didn’t even end up with btw). Now we have to forfeit a 1st + 3rd? BS

Edited by Emerica
  • Like 2

My thoughts on the draft picks:

1.  Bradley Chubb - Chubb was pretty meh in his time last year, but he's been really good in the past and Fins extended him for that. Just hope he stays healthy.  (B-)

2.  Cam Smith - I wasn't expecting this pick at all, but I love it.  Smith is a late first round talent that they got at 51.  He's a great fit for Fangio's scheme and terrific insurance for when X inevitably gets dinged up.  In the scenario where X is officially cooked, the Fins can June 1 cut X and save $18 million or something.  Having Smith there is big.  Let Kader and Needham play in the slot.  (A)

3a. Jalen Ramsey - Top 10 CB in the game.  (A+)

3b. Devon Achane - I would have lost money if I were to bet on if the Fins took a RB or not.  It definitely wasn't a need at all.  I personally would have taken Darnell Washington with this pick, although his drop does lend credence to the rumors of his knee being borked.  With that said, how fun is Achane going to be in this offense?  Unreal speed.  Great return man as well, which was sorely needed.  He and Berrios are tremendous boosts there.  I'm really anxious to see him in the screen game.  (B-)

4.  Part of Tyreek Hill - (A+)

5.  Jeff Wilson - Wilson was solid, and they got a player that really helped down the stretch to make the playoffs. (B)

6.  Elijah Higgins - He absolutely is going to be made into an H back/Move TE.  Any comparisons to Gesicki can be stopped before they start, as Higgins can actually block.  Stanford WRs always have to block.  He and Tanner Conner are likely duking it out for that developmental role/ST player, which is why the pick didn't make much sense to me.  They already have this guy on the roster.  It's only a 6th rounder, but still.  (C)

7.  Ryan Hayes - Needs to be moved inside immediately, IMO.  Make him gain 20 lbs of good weight and focus on adding strength.  Can never have too many Olinemen in the building.  (B)

• Like 1