2023 Dolphins Draft

Rgossett07

We don't have many picks, but we can still get some starters and depth.  Here are some guys in each round I hope we end up with

2 - 51 - Darnell Washington (TE), Sam LaPorta (TE), Jack Campbell (LB), O'Cyrus Torrance (IOL)

3 - 84 - Noah Sewell (LB) Dayan Henley (LB) Tyler Steen (OT)

6 - 197 - Jake Haener (QB) DaMarvion Overshown (LB) Payne Durham (TE) Blake Freeland (OT)

7 - 238 - Jon Gaines (G) Jaxson Kirkland (G)

I like the way the 1st round went for our draft board. We are in a good spot to possibly get one of these guys:

Michael Mayer - TE

Darnell Washington - TE

Luke Musgrave - TE

Sam Laporta - TE

Tucker Kraft - TE

Matthew Bergeron - OT

Dawand Jones - OT

Steve Avila - IOL

O’cyrus Torrence - IOL

Worried about a TE run in the early second, if it happens hopefully Grier doesn’t sit back like he did in the past when we missed out on RBs. If you’ve identified your guy go get him

44 minutes ago, Emerica said:

I like the way the 1st round went for our draft board. We are in a good spot to possibly get one of these guys:

Michael Mayer - TE

Darnell Washington - TE

Luke Musgrave - TE

Sam Laporta - TE

Tucker Kraft - TE

Matthew Bergeron - OT

Dawand Jones - OT

Steve Avila - IOL

O’cyrus Torrence - IOL

Worried about a TE run in the early second, if it happens hopefully Grier doesn’t sit back like he did in the past when we missed out on RBs. If you’ve identified your guy go get him

I'd add Cody Mauch, John Michael Schmitz, Keeanu Benton, and Trenton Simpson to the list as well.  All good value at 51 and positions of need for the Fins.

But it did work out perfectly that all the TEs Miami would consider are still on the board.  Kincaid is more of a big slot WR like Gesicki, and we know that type doesn't play in this offense.  

1 minute ago, carlos2104 said:

I haven't done any research on the kid...but was that really our best option?

I guess more CB talent is welcome. We got Ramsey but Howard was shaky last season and Needham is returning from injury. Kohou was serviceable as a rookie. Smith will probably be a starter at some point.

Seems like it was a Fangio pick, Zone scheme corner. I was down to add some depth at DB but in the 2nd round was too rich for my blood.

Good athlete but not physical + ton of penalties too. Gonna need to clean that up. Probably going to be 4-5th on our depth chart outside CB, bit of head scratcher if you ask me but what do i know. Lets just hope its not another Noah, can’t be much worse

And the Bills now get Torrence. Kincaid + Torrence. Great draft for the Bills

I like the pick.  Great value for a guy that a lot of people had going in the late first round pre combine.  He ran 4.43 and that was slightly slower than people expected and that’s what caused his drop.  

I would have liked to see a Right Tackle but Grier isn’t big on rookie OLinemen and he obviously doesn’t feel comfortable evaluating OTs.  He’s going to keep giving Eichenberg every chance to prove him right at LG and same with Jackson at RT.

Kohou wasn’t very good last season, despite what u will read from the media, and Howard looked beat down and broken.  I have no problem with the position or the player and I expect to see us draft a RT in the first round of 2024.